Wanted Aero 8 Front Wheel

Private cars or parts for sale or wanted

Moderator: Andy Downes

Forum rules
If your item sells or is withdrawn, please post a message to that effect.
Paul Andrew
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Paul Andrew »

Pretty forlorn hope I know, but would anybody have or indeed know of the whereabouts of a front wheel for a 2006 Aero 8?
The detail on this wheel: 18" and the design has 15 "vanes". I believe these wheels were manufactured by Rimstock, under the name Corse.

I would be extremely grateful if anybody could help as currently I have only three wheels on my Morgan and I'm not rolling along!

Please call if you can help,

Kind regards,

Paul Andrew 07770 315531
Jim Mountain

Post by Jim Mountain »

have you tried techniques, brands hatch Morgan's or the factory
Paul Andrew

Re: Wanted Aero 8 Front Wheel

Post by Paul Andrew »

Yes I have. I first contacted the factory, only to be told that this style of wheel was discontinued, not sure when, but never the less, discontinued. I then phoned all the Morgan dealers advertising in the most recent edition of the Miscellany magazine, again no joy!

I thought perhaps, somebody might, just might, have replaced the standard 15 vane version with an after market alternative and there could be a set lying unloved in the corner of a garage somewhere!

Well, you have to hope don't you!

It seems such a shame, not to mention expensive, to have to replace with a full set, as the other three rims are immaculate!

Thanks for your suggestion though,

Paul
gregparnell

Post by gregparnell »

The 2004 Le Mans Aero ran with 15 vane wheels on the rear and OZ magnesium alloys on the front ( see David Douse's book Morgan at Le Mans). So you could buy 2 or 3 more easily obtainable and cheaper 2nd hand OZ mag alloys for the front (check out MMC - they found some for me) and your 3rd 15 vane wheel becomes a spare.
Simples!
ps I have just completed a race season in my Aero running on standard OZ mag alloys and despite a big off into the gravel at Paddock Hill Bend when the nearside rear tyre was ripped from the wheel and the paint stripped off no damage or cracks occurred - so they are pretty sturdy.
Phil Egginton

Post by Phil Egginton »

Have you thought of trying Rimstock (Team Dynamics) direct?
Phil Egginton
"Think very carefully… because if you ever start, you will never be able to leave it alone" — Donald Campbell CBE