Series 1 Distributor Drive

Private cars or parts for sale or wanted

Moderator: Andy Downes

Forum rules
If your item sells or is withdrawn, please post a message to that effect.
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Series 1 Distributor Drive

Post by John Clarke »

This is the distributor drive from my Coventry Climax engine. The skew gears are badly worn

I have had a quote from Gibbs Gears (Stoke Mandeville) to make a new skew gear which will be fitted to the shaft. Their price is about 168 pounds for an order of 6. Less if the order is larger.

If any Series 1 owners are interested in having a new skew gear made, please let me know and if there are enough people, we can sort out an order. NB the club were charging in excess of 350 pounds each when they had them available.

John

PS if you have a good one surplus to requirements I would be interested
Colin Bray
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: Series 1 Distributor Drive

Post by Colin Bray »

I'm rebuilding chassis 332. My engine is being rebuilt and after many problems was going very well until he called me last Friday to say my distributor drive spur gear was in dreadful shape and needed replacing. George Proudfoot doesn't have any and it may be some time before he gets more made. Any suggestions - can this company make me one? Colin Bray, Toronto, Ontario
machiel kalf

Re: Series 1 Distributor Drive

Post by machiel kalf »

Dear All,

Is it an idea to order for example 6 of them. But, why not asking George Proodfoot if there is any interest from his side as well. For sure, there are more candidates all over the world.

On top of that: is this a subject for the Morgan Historic Register? We are not interesting to sit on the chair of the Technical Advisors, but maybe if you write a short article, I can put that as a supplement in my monthly article in Miscellany.

Look forward to your respons.

Merry X-Mas, Machiel Kalf.