New Morgan Book Celebrates 75th Anniversary Buy Now

Private cars or parts for sale or wanted

Moderator: Andy Downes

Forum rules
If your item sells or is withdrawn, please post a message to that effect.
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: New Morgan Book Celebrates 75th Anniversary Buy Now

Post by John Clarke »

Many thanks to those reserving a copy, I have put books aside.

cheers

john
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Great day of racing at Donington, and wasn't the weather good!

My plan of using Brian's awning to sell books didn't quite go to plan......Brian didn't put his awning up!!! Nevertheless, Mark from the factory kindly let me use part of the Aero Racing stand but you probably didn't know I was there. I also had to leave early as I had my mother in tow who needed to catch a train at Birmingham so I couldn't wait for the prize giving.....arghhh!

So, anyone who hoped to pick up their reserved copy and couldn't, please drop me a note via PM or email me at

morganadventure@talktalk.net

and I'll sort something else out that doesn't involve awnings or mothers.

cheers

john
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

I will be armed with some of the remaining books at Silverstone for the MG Live meeting this w/e.

I think everyone (and more) who reserved a copy has picked theirs up now but please let me know if you haven't and if you still want a copy, I'll try and seek you out.

cheers

john
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Another chance to avoid P&P charges at the Silverstone Classic!

If you want a copy, I'm planning to be camped at the Morgan Motor Co stand from 12.00 noon to 2.00pm on the Saturday only.

If you would like to pick up a book outside of these hours or would like to reserve a copy to be picked up at the event please email me at

MorganAdventure@talktalk.net

cheers

john
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Yes folks - last two remaining chances this year to avoid P&P costs. I will be the guest of Techniques at Silverstone for the BDC on Saturday 10th August and I will also be their guest at Canterbury for the annual Mog do on Sunday 18th Aug.

Not many left now (thank goodness). More reviews here

http://www.morganadventure.co.uk/section689038.html

people are so kind!

john
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

After a successful summer, I have 20 copies of my book remaining from the initial run of 250.

If you are thinking of purchasing a copy for Christmas, I urge you to place an order now. Once they've gone, they've gone.

Many thanks to all those from here and from around the world that have purchased a copy, I hope you enjoyed it.

cheers

john

http://www.morganadventure.co.uk/
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

The count down has begun. I have just 10 copies left which should be delivered before Xmas (must be Airmail for overseas).

More information has been coming out of the woodwork. An ad in "Speed" says that the Brooklands Engineering Co was responsible for preparing the Coventry Climax engine for the '38 Le Mans attempt. Their director, Douglas Hawkes, was also responsible for tuning the 3 wheeler Mogs in their record attempts - you might remember! They used Mahler pistons.

Also, the Lagonda that accompanied the party down to Le Mans in '38 has come to light. The current owner of 30 years tells me it has a 2.0 litre supercharged engine and has some Brooklands race history. Its distinctive registration reflects the engine capacity and he thinks was probably owned by the Winter Gardens Garages (which make sense) at the time (see page 46-47). The car is now up for sale......at Lagonda prices

cheers

john

PS Andy, I have put your copy aside - please let me know when you can pick it up
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

....copies remaining. That's all that's left now and then we can use our dining room table for eating turkey!

If you want a copy for a Christmas present there's still time. But, if you want to avoid increasing the Post Office's share price, I can bring your copy along to the Leathern Bottle in January.

Please use the website to reserve your copy and for Leathern Bottle delivery click on the radio button "invoice" and enter address as Leathern Bottle.

http://www.morganadventure.co.uk/

There will be a note on my website when they are all gone.

cheers

john
:D
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

All gone!

I may do a 2nd edition at some time in the future should their be sufficient interest. To register your interest for a 2nd edition please contact me through the book's website

http://www.morganadventure.co.uk

cheers

john

:P