Want A Watch

Private cars or parts for sale or wanted

Moderator: Andy Downes

Forum rules
If your item sells or is withdrawn, please post a message to that effect.
SimonScott
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: Want A Watch

Post by SimonScott »

Maybe it's a Morgan parent thing...I also have the Omega Seamaster that my father was bought one Christmas by my mother...so a nice link to them both when I wear it on special occasions...although my day-to-day watch is a TAG Heuer Aquaracer Calibre S with a bright yellow face...definitely makes the car go faster...
Formerly #64 - Class E 4/4 Sport Comp and Class R Lwt Roadster...
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Dear Simon,

I realy hope that one day you buy a real HEUER. For example a Heuer Autavia or Heuer Carrera. How good can it be!

Enjoy your TAG Heuer!

Machiel.
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Machiel, do you get Motorsport Magazine?
my current issue (December)has a section on high quality watches including Dutch owned Frederique Constant
However, no SeKondas or Citizens
regards
peter
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Hallo Peter,

Well, Motor Sport is a magazine that I buy when I go to The UK. Mostly, if I do a crossing, back from Dover to Dunekirk, I buy one. So, I have to wait another 10 days.

Frederique Constant! Yes, I know the brand very well. At the moment one of my "old" students works for Peter and Aletta Stas. He does the developement of many models.

Is Rolex not more interesting for you? As a real British person, I had the idea that your hearth start "rumbling" faster with a Rolex on your wrist.

Have a nice evening!

Machiel.
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Machiel, regtretably not a Rolex
maar Jaeger LeCoultre
peter
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Hi Peter,

Do you have a specific model in mind? A REVERSO maybe?

Machiel.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

I don't believe Leigh has an Atomic watch, it's just a wind-up!
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Blancpain - Innovation is our Tradition

Founded in 1735 by Jehan-Jacques Blancpain, the watch brand bearing his name is the oldest in the world. Blancpain is currently engaged to the renewal of mechanical watchmaking and to passing on exceptional expertise from one generation to the next through constant investment in human resources, production facilities and research. This approach is its strength and the expression of our long-term vision, even though it goes against the tide of a certain tendency to seek immediate profit. From the creation of components through to watch design, Blancpain is distinguished by its ability to develop exceptional movements. Over the past nine years, the Manufacture has indeed developed no less than 33 new calibres.

Through its various models, Blancpain preserves its heritage of precision and elegance, while also displaying an innovative and occasionally provocative spirit. Its range encompasses the sportive L-evolution line, the legendary Fifty Fathoms diver’s watch, as well as the classic Villeret collection, the high complication from Le Brassus collection and the Women models.
Regards
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Dear Bob,

You did your home work. Is that your dream? A Blancpain watch? Do you know what Blancpain means if your translate it? White bread! Funny isn't it!

You see the world of watches is fascinating!

Best regards, Machiel.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

No Machiel, I want this watch;

12 November 2014 Last updated at 02:50 GMT

The world's most expensive watch has sold at auction in Geneva for 20.6m Swiss francs (£13.4m).

Made from 24 carat gold and weighing half a kilogramme - the Graves Supercomplication was made for an American financier in the Thirties.

It took eight years for the Swiss watchmaker - Patek Philippe - to complete.

We are certainly getting some interesting 'watch facts' coming to light on this thread.

Regards,
Bob
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Bob,for that sort of money you could have a a classic Ferrari, Delahaye, Bugatti, Era, Aston, Gullwing, Morgan etc..
one or other of these will have a clock which will tell the time
peter
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Hallo Bob,

You see with facts and news like this Patek Philippe built a very special immage. But on the other hand, the results of those auctions are the best publicity you can have as a brand.
The best Ferrari is made yesterday! But what's the reason the GTO's are so expensive? Not, because they are the best ever built Ferrari's.

I think some of the Morgans from the past, especially all the +4's from the past deserve better. They built the most important race history of the Morgan brand. ( I think). Why are they so "cheap"?

Machiel.
Greg Mackie
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Greg Mackie »

Bob, I was about to buy one for my dog.....luckily I found out he wasn't a watch dog!

Senior Citizen.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Greg Mackie wrote:Bob, I was about to buy one for my dog.....luckily I found out he wasn't a watch dog!

Senior Citizen.

Greg is it true that in Australia Kangaroos use pocket watches?
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

peter rafter wrote:Bob,for that sort of money you could have a a classic Ferrari, Delahaye, Bugatti, Era, Aston, Gullwing, Morgan etc..
one or other of these will have a clock which will tell the time
Peter, I am surprised to discover from your post that ERA's have a clock amongst their gauges.
Regards