Book Sale

Private cars or parts for sale or wanted

Moderator: Andy Downes

Forum rules
If your item sells or is withdrawn, please post a message to that effect.
Bob Bull

Re: Book Sale

Post by Bob Bull »

JERRY KNIGHT wrote:What about the tennis racket Bob ?

Some Jock called Murray bought it Jerry, I think he has done quite well since he has been using it.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Dear Bob,

Sorry, to say, but I was hoping they, the magazines, where older. Normally I search in those magazines for everything that has to do with Morgans. I cut that out and put it in my archive. The rest goes in my "old paper container".

I think, if I see the years/ dates you mentioned, the beginning of the Eighties, was not the most interesting period in Morgan history. To pay let's say £80,- for some scrap book pages, is a lot of money.

So, Bob, sorry, to say, try to find someone else who is interested.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

No problem Machiel, it will save me a lot of effort shifting so many heavy bundles. Anyone interested in old magazines will always have certain periods in mind, and it will also save John some space in his Morgan.

I will try and put together an album of 'Historic Morgans' from my collection for your archives sometime, once I have worked out which ones are old enough to qualify.

Kind regards,

Bob
Regards
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Thanks Bob. That very much appreciated!

Machiel.
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

I think, if I see the years/ dates you mentioned, the beginning of the Eighties, was not the most interesting period in Morgan history.
I have to differ with you there Machiel !

In the years 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983 and 1984 we drove a Morgan Plus 8 in the Willhire 24 hour race and the 1980 event was Britain's first ever 24 hour race. There were several Plus 8s in those races.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Not too late to change your mind Machiel ...................... before Mary snaps them up. :)
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Also of course the Plus 8s that took part are eligible for Machiel's Morgan Historic Register and I know for a fact that at least one of them has registered with him.... :wink:
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Mary Lindsay wrote:
I think, if I see the years/ dates you mentioned, the beginning of the Eighties, was not the most interesting period in Morgan history.
I have to differ with you there Machiel !

In the years 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983 and 1984 we drove a Morgan Plus 8 in the Willhire 24 hour race and the 1980 event was Britain's first ever 24 hour race. There were several Plus 8s in those races.

Hi Mary,

No doubts about that. "The problem" is that I have to pay £100,- to get that in my archive.............Is that the value of some articles.......... I was hoping for a gift.

Machiel.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Machiel,
How much are they worth to you? I am sure they are easily worth the £20 per year, but if you want them I will refuse no offer for the lot, just to get rid of them, but hurry I still have some in the loft and I shall be leaving early tomorrow for Silverstone.

You can probably make a profit at the Spare Fair. :(

Bob.
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Collectors item; Mike Hawthorn, Golden Boy. Limited edition, mint condition in original box, and unread. Selling for up to £175 on Amazon. Yours for £120.00 delivered to a circuit near me. :(
Regards
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Bob Bull wrote:Machiel,
How much are they worth to you? I am sure they are easily worth the £20 per year, but if you want them I will refuse no offer for the lot, just to get rid of them, but hurry I still have some in the loft and I shall be leaving early tomorrow for Silverstone.

Bob.

OK Bob, I pay £20,- for the lot. What do you think?

Machiel.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

machiel kalf wrote:
Bob Bull wrote:Machiel,

Bob.

OK Bob, I pay £20,- for the lot. What do you think?

Machiel.

You've got a deal. You can pay JB cash if that makes life easier, use Pay Pal or bank transfer, whatever suits you best.

Bob.
Regards