John Peel 4 seater +8 for sale

Private cars or parts for sale or wanted

Moderator: Andy Downes

Forum rules
If your item sells or is withdrawn, please post a message to that effect.
peter rafter

John Peel 4 seater +8 for sale

Post by peter rafter »

For info, Bonhams sale 24 June
purchased for his wife Sheila by the late John Peel, the inimitable and much-missed DJ and broadcaster, on the birth of their first child, William, in January 1976. Originally a two-seater finished in red, the car was re-sprayed green while undergoing restoration at the Morgan factory in Malvern (having been sent there because there was rot in the body's timber framework), and converted to four-seat specification at the same time. The Plus 8 remained at the factory from circa 1980 to 1996.
1974 Morgan Plus 8 Roadster
Registration no. RDV 419N
Chassis no. R.7817
Engine no. 48110991D

there cannot be many 4 seater +8s
peter
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Re: John Peel 4 seater +8 for sale

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Thanks – interesting. And considering the uplift when the Mick Jagger car was offered for sale this seems a snip for Peel and Morgan fans (like me). Why did it sit at the factory for so long ? Factory only did a couple of +8 4 seaters – one for Allon White and one (or the same one) with chap at Cranmog. Musgorove also did a couple (one a coupe). JP lived up my way and would have been in Folkmog !
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Sold for £29,900 including premium.

Cheers
Mark
Tim Ayres

Post by Tim Ayres »

Interesting !
We recently "built" at NEW ELMS a 1985 Plus 8 3.5i 4 seater in Ferrari Giallo Fly yellow, for a customer in SW France, based on a new galvanised chassis and VSM Steve Barnes body. The original 2 seater donor car had been written off in 1990.
Tim.