JYH 340. 1947 Series 1

Looking for a Morgan you used to own or your family owned - Start a new Topic here with details and perhaps someone can help. Andy has access to the Morgan Historic Register or a current owner may come forward.

Moderator: Andy Downes

geoff pratten
Anti spam question: MSA

JYH 340. 1947 Series 1

Post by geoff pratten »

Hi All
I have recently purchased a 1947 Series 1 and would be interested in any info on the early years of the car.
The car left the factory with the registration JYH 340 and was despatched to a London dealer on the 3rd July 1947 in an unfinished state i.e. not painted or trimmed.
Originally powered by a Standard 10 engine and Moss gearbox.
At some stage the car acquired a Ford 100E engine before being abandoned on a farm for 20 years.
Then finally being sold at auction by H&H Classics in 2017 requiring a full rebuild.
Presumably at some stage in its history the registration number was sold or perhaps lost by not applying for the new style V5c as the car has had to be re-registered with a different reg "SXS 278".
When abandoned the Ford engine had been fitted with "Aquaplane" tuning equipment and "Aquaplane" 0-8000 rpm rev counter which makes me wonder if the car has any racing pedigree prior to being layed up at the farm.