Centenary Race - the Tucker Trophy

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

Guy Loveridge

Re: Centenary Race - the Tucker Trophy

Post by Guy Loveridge »

Dear All,

Thank you so very much for putting on a brilliant race!
The coverage in Autosport was rather unexpected, but flattering never the less.
Thanks, although he will never read it here, to Chris Lawrence for coming to present the prize.

I REALLY want this to be an annual race - The Masters are game so long as we maintain an entry. Everyone tell your friends. Next year i will press for a longer race and with "period" rules - ie - spare wheel to be mounted, and honesty over car's heritage - not all those entered as "Super Sports" are ACTUALLY Super Sports, are they, Gentlemen???

In seriousness, Jennifer Tucker is VERY chuffed, and if any of you would like a copy of the fine art print of Jim Tucker racing at Brands in "The Day" signed by Jim and the artist, please let me know, they are available at a massively reduced £30 to all who partook at the weekend.

Lastly, Andy Garlick, why did not not come say "Hello"?!?!?!?

VERY Many Thanks to you all.

Guy Loveridge
Last edited by Guy Loveridge on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simon king

Post by simon king »

Guy,

thank you too for organising the race. I had a great time, as I'm sure the others did too. There's not many opportunities for the historic Morgans to all race together so for me it's a nice change. I'd certainly like to do it again next year, especially if by 'longer race' you can get us on the GP circuit!

Don't worry about the rules. Was not the fact that some cars were running Aero screens, some hardtops, some running Avons, some Dunlops, that there were +8s, +4s (including some Super Sports), the SLR and 4/4s exactly what made the racing so good throughout the field, and I assume more interesting for the spectator?

Regards,

Simon
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Guy,

I echo Simons comments entirely and would just like to thank you personally for organising the race. Sorry not to have met you on the day.

I think it was the mix of historic Morgans that made it such fun both as a competitor and I understand from a spectators point of view!

Here's to next year - with an even bigger grid!

Cheers

Mark
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

As a spectator it was great . Someone who was there over whole w/e said it was one of the better races. Nice to see you Guy later in the day with Chris L in his ‘Monica’ car. As I mentioned to him I recalled visiting his garage in Kensington (?) in early 70s and the Monica was hanging from the ceiling