Goodwood Revival - Fordwater Trophy - TOK takes pole !

Races, track days, testing ...
Andy Downes
Anti spam question: MSA

Goodwood Revival - Fordwater Trophy - TOK takes pole !

Post by Andy Downes »

Friday 16th September 2005

Rick Bourne has put the venerable old +4 TOK 258 on pole for the Fordwater Trophy race at this year's Goodwood Revival meeting. A fantastic effort saw him 2 seconds clear of the rest setting up the prospect of a great day on Sunday - it's the first race at 10 am so hopefully plenty of time to celebrate.

I'm thrilled that I shall be there to witness yet another historic chapter in Morgan motorsport history (whatever the result) and will try and report back on Sunday night.

Britcar 24 Hours - Goodwood Revival - Spa to come next weekend and then the Birkett 6 Hour, what a finish to the season.

Have Fun
8) 8) 8)
'Skipper'
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Well done Rick. We look forward to hearing how it went.
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Unfortunately the big Healey had too much power on the straights. Gripping race, Rick snuck past for the lead at one stage, but couldn’t hang on to it and spent most of the race glued to the Healey bumper through the bends. I awaited the super last lap effort but unfortunately Rick was thwarted by back markers.

In the paddock afterwards to congratulate – and meet up with suitable attired BHM team, elegant Mr & Mrs Downes, and Wllburns from LA.
Andy Downes
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Andy Downes »

Leigh - I couldn't have put it better myself, it was certainly the dice of the day - and the race of the day in my opinion. Terrific entertainment, TOK was just flying but the 3 liter Healey had too much grunt on the straights. Rick did get fastest lap with 1.35.55 which was some consolation.

Simon OG rang me trackside halfway through the first lap and so had my running commentary for the first couple of laps, rang off and then called for an update at the end.

Rick had a good go up the inside of the first corner (Madgwick) but the Healey leant all over him (more battle scars for TOK) and was similarly nearly taken out later in the race - the Healey tactics just a touch (pun unintended) too aggressive for my liking.

Simply a superb day all round - Thanks Rick.

Have (Historic) Fun
8) 8) 8)
'Skipper'