For Those Interested in Formula 1 Racing

Races, track days, testing ...
Phil Egginton
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: For Those Interested in Formula 1 Racing

Post by Phil Egginton »

Mark Shears wrote:It was rumoured that Max wanted Jean Todt to be appointed to this position with a view to Todt being Max's successor. You can imagine how popular this was!!!
There was me thinking that was the real reason Ron Dennis dropped out of F1 (temporarily)..... :roll:
Phil Egginton
"Think very carefully… because if you ever start, you will never be able to leave it alone" — Donald Campbell CBE
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

The FIA Vice President for Sport is Mohammad Ben Sulayem of the United Arab Republic, he sounds to me like the ideal chap to take over from Max, what he does not know about motor racing someone else does, he has unrivalled experience, never having been rivalled. The sport needs a towering figure (that lets out Bernie) to lead it through troubled times, someone with a sure grasp of the intricacies of Formula 1, a deep and abiding love of, and firm grounding in the history of motor racing. Someone whose very DNA is infused with Castrol R, with petrol in their blood, and a sure grasp of the many facets of Grand Prix racing.

VOTE FOR BEN.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Bob,

Craw must be considered as a replacement for Mosley however 'the man most likely to' is Monaco's Michel Boeri. The suggestion at Silverstone was that Boeri who is very closely allied to the Ferrari camp would lead a coup d' etat within the FIA.

This threat seems to hve galvanised Mosley who returned to Silverstone where he tried to convince the media he was trying to compromise. He also said on Sunday morning that the FIA would not take legal action.

Look forward to seeing you again at BDC Silverstone - where I am sure any politicking will be far more gentlemanly!

Cheers

Mark
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mark,
I can see that I have grossly underestimated you, your detailed knowledge of the innermost workings of the FIA is quite an eye opener! Where do you get your information? Are you too allied to the 'Ferrari Camp'? Is there a mole within the sacred halls of the Place de la Concorde?

I feel humbled by your obviously superior sources in high places, however, I do believe that the FOTA teams want fresh blood at the helm of the FIA, someone with no 'previous' in Formula 1attachments. Are you available?

You have my vote.

Reduced Bob.
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Max is up to his old tricks, I'm going!

No I'm not because you were nasty to me.

After we all thought that it was safe to start watching Formula 1 again, we have another example of the intransigence of the President, who appears to care more for his own ego than the wellbeing of the sport he is supposed to lead and represent.

I said many times that the only way the deadlock would be resolved was by one side or the other backing down completely, and I did not believe that FOTA were willing to do that, and I NEVER thought Max would either. I was suprised when it was announced that the teams had got everything they wanted and that Mosely was going quietly! Should have known better, it all part of his divide and rule strategy, blaming the teams for the problems and suggesting that one of them had acted illegally in the 'double diffuser' row. No names just innuendo designed to arouse suspicion in the FOTA ranks.

All of the statements I have seen from FOTA recognised Moseley's contribution to the sport, with no reference to him being 'forced out'. By announcing a settlement he was able to close the entry list for 2010 so that looked good for the commercial interests, and would help to scupper a breakaweay series.
I suspect that he neever intended to step down and is still engaged in trying to destroy those who failed to support him in the past.

I did enjoy the comment from one of the FOTA members about did he really believe Max would retire? "When I see the stake through his heart!"

Anyone got a hammer?
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

[quote="Bob Bull"]g. Someone whose very DNA is infused with Castrol R,

in another forum at another time someone once wrote

"if you dont think that the smell of burning castrol R is sexy, you must be a pervert"
peter