Mog 100 Cheltenham 1-2 August

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Mog 100 Cheltenham 1-2 August

Post by John Clarke »

The events are coming thick and fast. Whilst there is no racing, there should be a great display of racing and other rare Morgans at the Mog 100 celebrations.

Machiel Kalf has doggedly tried to organise a display of recognised +4 Supersports built by the factory. So I'm afraid all those beautiful "lookalikes" will not be invited into Machiel's enclosure. [-X

Leigh Sebba sent me a list of what he knows still exists in the UK - it still seems to stand at around 7'ish. =P~

To-date, I am unsure as to how many Supersports will be there but knowing Machiel, it is likely to be the largest collection on SS's ever seen in one place.

Are you taking your's Simon?

As for other rare ones - Leigh can update on +4+ (unofficial +4+ resistrar!!)...........and, are all the SLR's turning up I wonder? I've heard on the vine that the convertible EB bodies car will be there.....that will get you searching through your Mog books.

So who's going? Perhaps us 4 cylinder chaps can meet for a beer or such like?
simon king

Re: Mog 100 Cheltenham 1-2 August

Post by simon king »

Hi John,

FOJ is in the paint shop at the moment, so fingers crossed! So there should be at least 2, I assume you're taking yours? And I guess Machiel will bring his over too?

See you soon.

Simon
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

...and I will take mine which I will park outside the roped off area - just to upset everyone!

Oh and I will leave the Le Mans scruitineers sticker on!

Cheers

Mark
Tim Hill

Post by Tim Hill »

The first SS is being shipped from NZ for the occasion (Pictured in Miscellany earlier this year) 1 MOG I think. White.

Also I met with Burt Hunter at Melvyns Emporium on Friday. He is over from the USA with his Highline SS. Well patinated is a good description - but an original 2 owner matching numbers car.

Have fun in Cheltenham

Cheers

Tim
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by John Clarke »

It was good to meet up with +4 racers on the sunny Sunday - Doug T, Keith, John E, Richard, Simon K, Adrian and Billy.

Leigh sorted out the display of Supersports - apparently, there were about 10 SS's appearing over the two days. Leigh gave the +4 and +8 modern Le Mans car reps the heave ho who had crept into the line up - very diplomatically though as you would expect!

Disappointing that no SLRs were there but Adrian brought along the EB plastics convertible thingy - a car I had only read about. It was quite pretty to my eyes. He also brought along the +4 saloon.

I was expecting to see a row of +4+ but apart from Leigh's, Rob's was on display for sale and the factory car may have been there but after being rattled around in the +4 on the way home, my brain became even more messed up than usual.

Other highlights were beating Jonno at slot cars - yet to hear whether I had FTD (did anyone beat 78 secs??) and racing Simon K on the dodgems - weren't they quick!!!

Next stop - BDC.

:shock: