BDC Competitions Day - 28th Nov

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

BDC Competitions Day - 28th Nov

Post by John Clarke »

Mark S and I attended the Bentley Drivers Club competitions day on Saturday. Fantastic club house and great (free) lunch with informative presentations from Competitions Secretary, Chief Scrutineer and Marshalls.

Main news is that BDC Silverstone will again be two day meeting in 2010 - 7th/8th August. Morgan Challange and TT Race (as part of Morgan, MG 'T' Type and AC) will be part of the programme. Circuit likely to be National although attendees asked for larger circuit if possible.

From my point of view, very impressed with BDC. Have worldwide membership of 3500 (of which only about 50 racing members) yet can fund such a fantastic club house (with archive, museum and kitchen) and put on such a splendid event. I found it most interesting to find out about changes in Blue Book, issues with getting Marshalls and the difficulty with S'stone powers!

Other Mogmen in attendance were Andrew Potter and Paul Conway......oh and Richard Plant will be receiving a silver tankard through the post for his 2nd place in TT!