Techniques Trophy 2010

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

Brian Gateson
Tech Comm

Techniques Trophy 2010

Post by Brian Gateson »

Hello Everyone, I hope that you have all been preparing your 4 Cylinder Morgans in anticipation for this season’s racing, especially the TT!

We have now received confirmation from the BDC that the ‘Techniques Trophy’ will take place on Saturday 7th August at their annual event.

In 2009 we had an excellent grid of 4 Cylinder Morgans with 19 cars being entered, including some very special historic racing Morgans and it would be fantastic to have as many or even more entries for 2010, so please contact Tracy to register your interest for this year’s event. Tracy will send out the entry forms as soon as we hear from the BDC, to ensure as many Morgans make the grid.

If you are thinking of entering this year for the first time, again please contact Tracy or myself with your contact details. You will then be added to our ‘TT entrants’ list’ and we will forward the necessary details as soon as the BDC informs us.

At last year’s TT it was Keith Ahlers, driving TOK 258, who took home the winner’s trophy, narrowly beating the charging Richard Plant in his freshly built +4 with Adrian Van Der Kroft (XOV) in 3rd place. Rather fittingly, Le Man legend Chris Lawrence presented the trophy.

I do hope that many of you are able to support this year’s event again and look forward to seeing you in August.

Good luck to you all for this coming season.

Brian.
Bob Bull

Re: Techniques Trophy 2010

Post by Bob Bull »

This sounds interesting, does anyone have any details of this obscure event? Has it any history that we know of? And who the heck is Brian Gateson? What is Techniques anyway?

Bob, Ace Reporter
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards