Techniques Trophy

Races, track days, testing ...
Bob Bull

Techniques Trophy

Post by Bob Bull »

I have posted a tranche (!!!!) of photos from the TT all taken at Becketts.
The picasa web site does not record downloads from the site, so I do not know if anyone makes use of my efforts. I hope that some do, however, I thought it might be worth pointing out (the b*******) obvious that you can share your exploits with family, friends, colleagues, media or even preparation companies by sending a link to the site via e-mail! This is a cheap and efficient way to spread your fame around the globe.

Well done to Billy for holding off Keith in dodgy conditions. Standing at Becketts by a slippery surface one hopefully expects a few 'action' shots to offer themselves to the eagle eyed snapper, but no such luck, were you all to skillful, or just plain timid?

I will post more from the Challenge soon, as well as a fresh batch of 'faces' from around the paddock.

I would like also to thank Brian, Tracy and James for their hospitality and 'snap' fabulous as always, congratulation to the family for their efforts, it was also very nice to see so many friendly faces again, and to meet old friends for the first time!! Hi to Barry, Peter & Jim 'old friends' on the site, but now in the flesh (sorry Barry) as well.

I trust you will remember that it rained during the race, but we photographers, Jon and Chris stuck to our self appointed tasks to record your exploits, so by them a beer when you meet them in the bar next.

Being such a great age, and chronically opposed to far away places, I hope to see some of you again at the HSCC and Birkett later in the season.

Kind regards,

Bob.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
JERRY KNIGHT

Re: Techniques Trophy

Post by JERRY KNIGHT »

Lovely pictures , thanks Bob and good to meet again . I thought you were joking about the hat!
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

[quote="JERRY KNIGHT"]I thought you were joking about the hat![/quote
Jerry,
Definitely not, but perhaps the 'handsome Latin ........' might have been just a tad exaggerated!

I managed quite a few shots of the D- Type no.98 in the first race and some are up on my 'other' website, as Pam McCarthy had asked for pictures from the Thoroughbred Race.
I will happily let you have any showing your great skill in very dodgy conditions by e-mail or on a CD if you wish.

Bob

PS; Did you stop to rest as one stage?
Regards
Barry Sumner

Post by Barry Sumner »

Thanks to all at Techniques for organising another brilliant race, to the weather for adding a little spice and well done Keith and Billy for apparently a perfect nose to tail formation run - indeed to everyone else who enetertained the spectators
Great to meet Bob in person at last
Looking forward already to next year
Barry
Jochem Kentgens

Post by Jochem Kentgens »

Great pictures!

Is there a results list/lap times list somewhere?

Hope to be there next year, now trying to make Zandvoort in September..... anyone planning on being there too? Maybe in Equipe GTS, or TR competitions? not sure if the Equipe GTS race at the Harc weekend.

Bets wishes, Jochem
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Jochem Kentgens wrote:Is there a results list/lap times list somewhere?
Results are here, Jochem.
Chris
Jochem Kentgens

Post by Jochem Kentgens »

Thanks Chris!
John Emberson
Morgan Class B

Post by John Emberson »

Yes, well done Techniques, a great race and a nice selection of cars. The weather sorted out the men from the boys & I know which camp I fell in although unwittingly Keith solved my problem of what to do when the SLR windows completely mist up & you can't see which corner you're at let alone the apex - go faster!! :roll:
John Emberson
Mark Gilbart-Smith

Post by Mark Gilbart-Smith »

I would also like to say a big thank you to Brian and his team.

I set off from nr Bishop Stortford at 6.30, but only managed about 500yds before car died as i arrived at t-junction with apparent fuel starvation. checked fuel pressure regulator (got an eyeful so good pressure), fuel lines, filter, pump etc then HT leads - good spark etc etc. I called Brian at about 7.30 checked through again and finally we swapped the relays around for the fuel pump and mutli-point injection which did the job and i was on the road by 8.00am. I was half expecting to breakdown again as I was now running without a fuel pump!

I finally arrived at Silvertsone at 9.45, too late for practice but with enough time to strip car down, sign on, get scruitneered, replace both relays and out to the assembly area for the challenge race.

I had an exciting TT race starting from the back of the grid in very slippery conditions and finishing 7th, the champagne on Saturday night was well received and made up for a frustrating morning.

Thanks again to Brian, Tracy, James and the rest of the Techniques team. Here's to 2011!
David Gibson

Post by David Gibson »

Following on from the comments already posted I would also like to say a big thank you to Brian, Tracy, and the rest of the Techniques team.

Having competed in Sprints and Hill climbs for the last 5 years this was my first Race, I was buzzing with excitement leading up to the event and after arriving on Friday afternoon for scrutineering the nerves started to kick in but I was still looking forward to Saturday.

I qualified 23rd out of 24 but I was happy to get some laps under my belt and looked forward to the race. Race time came with rain 'O' dear not what I wanted, but exactly what Billy was praying for, I finished 18th overall and had mixed emotions when I saw the chequered flag, I was please to have completed the race but was enjoying it so much I did not want to stop.

A moment to remember as I rounded Woodcote which I thought I took quick considering the conditions only for Billy and Keith to come past me on the outside and disappear down the pit straight unbelievable stuff.

Thank you to all the competitors from both the TT and the Morgan Challenge who made me and my family very welcome and to everyone else who I spoke with all were very supportive and made it a great day.

Sorry Bob never got the opportunity to meet you but thanks for the great photos.

I now have the bug so it’s what to do next, but really looking forward to next years TT
Dave
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

All pictures from all of the races plus candid paddock shots are now on the site, so please take a look, and try the slide show!!
Many thanks for those kind comments, far too numerous to mention by name, but no doubt the indisgressions captured for eternity might cause some uncomplimentary remarks.
Mark Gilbart-Smith wrote:I set off from nr Bishop Stortford
Now that rings a bell. You know that might even be in Hertfordshire, I will have to consult my Old Moors AA Guide to Britain, could be that this chap Gilbart-Smith, is a 'local man'.

Very interesting.
David Gibson wrote:Sorry Bob never got the opportunity to meet you
Don't worry David, Jack can tell you it is no great loss, but I am pleased you like the pictures.

Thanks to Chris for passing on details to Pam.

Goodnight all!
Bob
Regards