Race chatter
Bob Bull

New Morgan

Post by Bob Bull »

Morgan Eva GT four-seater revealed
Play Pause
Slow Medium Fast View first image

Image © Morgan

Morgan has unveiled its futuristic Eva GT Concept at the Pebble Beach car show in California.

Described as a 'revolution' for the firm, the Morgan Eva GT is a cutting-edge four-seat GT car that will be on our roads in less than two years.

A BMW turbo engine will ensure the head-turning motor has the firepower to back up its other-worldly looks, too.

Morgan mischievously admits it is a company "famous for making the same car for 50 years" - but not anymore. The Eva GT will be a rival to the Porsche Panamera and Maserati GranTurismo, with the potential to beat both.

Rumour has it that the car will cost around £70,000 when it goes in sale in 2012. That's base Porsche 911 money - making it even more of a tempting proposition.

Morgan has ensured there are plenty of cues with the past - check out the flowing lower body design, for example, which harks back to the famous wooden-frame Morgan Roadster. But there's no wood here though: the Eva GT will be built using the latest bonded aluminium chassis technologies.

Inside, Morgan will install the latest creature comforts and electronic features. It is expected to source these from an existing carmaker: the Malvern firm's low volumes limit the amount of electronic wizardry it can develop in-house.

It does the same for the engine: Morgan proudly admits the 3.0-litre twin-turbo motor of the Eva GT is a BMW powerplant, producing over 300hp. It is an approach already used by Morgan with the Aero 8.

Both manual and automatic gearboxes will be offered, giving the Eva GT proper GT cruising potential. It will be rear-drive and use fully independent suspension.

The concept version is on show at the Pebble Beach car show right now: read on for a closer look at the 21st century cutting-edge Morgan Eva GT that will be here in time for the 2012 Olympics!

Click the gallery link for more information on and pictures of the Morgan Eva GT.
Play Pause
Slow Medium Fast View first image
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Robin Singleton
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: New Morgan

Post by Robin Singleton »

Bob

You have stirred me from my slumbers again.

An excellent peice of marketing for the Morgan Car Co's new vehicle,. but I would have thought that as a gent of similar vintage to this scribe, you would scorn all this modern stuff in favour of real Morgans from the 60's which you so admirably display on your photo gallery.

Keep up the good work dear chap, but less of this modern crap!

Robin Singleton (Luddite)
Bob Bull

Re: New Morgan

Post by Bob Bull »

Dear Rip Van Wi.........................! Sorry, Robin,

The blurb about the Eva appeared, unsolicited, on my computer screen so I thought I would show off and post it on the forum to impress everyone with my perspicacity as a leading motoring scribe, never did I imagine that I would be awakening Senior Luddites from their torpor.
Humble apologies for the intrusion into your rural sojourn, however, as I seem to make a habit of ruffling feathers amongst the great mass of Morgan ladies and gents, I can only promise to try and not to intrude into your ruminations on 'Old Morgans' in the future, but can not offer any firm guarantee that my periginations wil not from time to time rouse you from your bucolic fog.
On a brighter note I am pleased that you find the galleries worth visiting. It means "all my hard work ain't been in vain for nothing." (I'm sure Mary at least will be able to identify the quote.)

You may go back to sleep now.

Kindest possible regards,
from Owd Bob.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards