Fiesta Championship at Mallory Park, 26 March

Races, track days, testing ...
Charles Neal

Fiesta Championship at Mallory Park, 26 March

Post by Charles Neal »

In the unlikely event that anyone's interested (or has nothing better to do), it's my first race of the season this Sunday, at Mallory Park.

Hopeful of a good result, car is handling much better than before - but it didn't like Mallory last year (or maybe it's me - getting my excuses in early!)

Charles
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Oh, best of luck Charles. Let us know how it goes.

Chris
Richard Smith

Post by Richard Smith »

Far from it Charles: I am sure we are all interested: If I can get out of a trip to the mother-in-laws, I will see you there.
Richard Smith
Unstone Green, Derbyshire
1993 4/4 1.6efi MSCC 11823
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Best of luck Charles,
Just keep an eye on the red lights at Mallory, I'm sure they're a bit odd...
Cheers, Tony
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Don't worry about the lights Charles, they're fine.

I'm sure you're not like the poor sad souls who have difficulty coping with the deeply complex concept of starting when the lights are switched off as opposed to when the lights are switched on .... :roll:
Kelvin Laidlaw
Morgan Class D

Post by Kelvin Laidlaw »

Hope the weather is okay. At least in a Stock Hatch you have a roof, wipers and possibly a heater. The weekend before last we had our first F4 race and it was snowing during scruitineering and not much better during the race. Still it was good to be out again. Good luck.
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

So – what happened ?
Richard Smith

Mallory Park

Post by Richard Smith »

I enjoyed a great day out, choosing to go in my Mog, blue skies, birds twittering etc. The day grew greyer and greyer, and when it came to Chharles's race, it was raining, forcing them to run on wets. Great race, though, he and another competitor were having their own little battle which must have been great fun for them both. Charles kept up with the pack, coming, and I am sure he will confirm, 5th.
His car is very well turned out, and the series seems very friendly. I like this sort of racing, it knocks spots off F1. Pity I was the only Mogger there!
Richard Smith
Unstone Green, Derbyshire
1993 4/4 1.6efi MSCC 11823
Charles Neal

Post by Charles Neal »

What happened? Qualified 4th in class in the dry (of 9 or 10), better than I thought I'd done. Then five minutes before we were called to the collecting area, it started to pour down - almost F1 pitstop to change tyres ;-) and we went out. By the middle of the race it was standing water everywhere off-line.

The lights were OK, they do just go out! Got a good start, lost some paint... After about 5 laps the windscreen had misted up (it's heated like a new Mog one but the relay's gone, haven't used it for a year!) so I only just saw the chequered flag, let alone the track. Ended up 5th after a battle over several laps - I gave him the outside (the standing water and the marbles) round Gerrards but he made it...

Then we got the RAC to take us home as the Volvo's brakes had given out on the way there. :-s

Richard - thanks for coming, I really didn't expect anyone to turn up. I hope you enjoyed yourself, didn't get too drowned.
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Well done!
Glad the lights were OK, never mind Chris ;-)
Cheers, Tony