On Track, well, on Playstation actually

Races, track days, testing ...
Charles Neal

On Track, well, on Playstation actually

Post by Charles Neal »

Got TOCA Race Driver 3 last week. If Miscellany's late this month you'll know why ;-) (actually it's at a friend's house or there wouldn't be a magazine at all!)

The Aero is easily the best GT Cup car in the game, at Brands Hatch I can get up to third or fourth overall before I'm battered off the road by an angry Mosler or something :x

The little video clip where the annoying Scots manager guy talks gushingly about it is quite funny too...

Keith, did you have to do anything for the game?

It is a pretty good advert for the marque. I'm also using it to learn Snetterton for next weekend...

Charles
(bored while waiting for BT to reconnect Clarkeprint's broadband :? )
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Not played it myself, but it comes well recommended.

I still remember the co-driver at Spa who knew you could take Eau Rouge flat as he had done it on the Playstation. Sadly the Class A Morgan he was in hadn't been set up in quite the same way and he hit the barrier on the first lap of practice ....
Charles Neal

Post by Charles Neal »

It is a lot of fun although I doubt it's very accurate - the corner speeds and lap times in the Clios (most similar to my Fiesta) are totally unrealistic. The tracks (at least the ones I've driven on) are quite authentic though, better than the last TOCA game. There are dozens of championships and you can avoid the really stupid ones unlike before.

Gran Turismo 4 is pretty accurate both in car handling and track layout, but it's a bit boring with just six cars on track and they drive like idiots...

I think you can benefit from knowing what to look for if you haven't been to a track and to some extent the lines but it's no use for speeds etc.
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

I think it helps for complex circuits never been to.

I see in newspaper that a Ferrari owner has been convicted for telling his insurance that an accident happened on road in UK, when he had crashed it on a track day at Spa.