Info sought for Morgan 4/4 Ser.5 competition EVR 282

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

Michael van Ofen
Anti spam question: MSA

Info sought for Morgan 4/4 Ser.5 competition EVR 282

Post by Michael van Ofen »

Hi everyone

As a longstanding Morgan admirer I recentlly had the chance to acquire a 1965 RHD Morgan 4/4 Ser. 5 competition model. The car had (reputedly) only 2 owners from new, the last owner (before me) had it for more than 40 years. It has only done 60,000 miles from new. The car is factory black and runs on wirewheels. It is equipped with some parts giving the hint to some possible motorracing early in its life, reputedly with the first owner. It is equipped with a very sixties looking rollbar, a front oilcooler, no bumpers and an aluminium firewall between the tank and the cockpit. Furthermore the revcounter is turned in a way to have the more critical revrange facing upwards. The car is said to have been delivered via London to Kent where the first owner obviously lived before it was later sold on to the last / second longterm owner in the early seventies. He had no racing ambitions, so it must have raced before that time. If someone has any information about EVR 282 and/ or the racing activities or the first owner of the car I would be more than pleased to hear from you. As a keen historic racer myself (admittedly in an MGB not in a Morgan) I would be delighted to learn something about the sporting past of my Moggy.

Thanks in advance, best regards from Germany

Michael
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Re: Info sought for Morgan 4/4 Ser.5 competition EVR 282

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Hermen Pol might have some information, otherwise you could try the Morgan Sports Car Club archivist Roger Tatton (contact details in the back of Miscellany).
Good luck!
Michael van Ofen
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: Info sought for Morgan 4/4 Ser.5 competition EVR 282

Post by Michael van Ofen »

Hi everyone

Inbetween I have found out a lot more about EVR 282. First of all many thanks to Mary who pointed me to Roger Tatton who then supllied all the info from the factory buildsheet. Then I stroke luck again and had contact with the second owner who bought the car in 1971 and had it until this year. He confirmed that the car only had 2 owners from new and also that the first owner, a Mr. K. Davies from Bromley, Kent raced the car between 1966 and 1970. Sadly he also reported that Mr. Davies passed awy some years ago. So if anyone of you has some info about the car racing with Mr. Davies in the sixties I would be more than pleased to hear from you. Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Michael