Yet Another Caption Competition

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Yet Another Caption Competition

Post by Bob Bull »

In order to try and brighten up this rather dismal 'Summer' I offer aficionados of Caption Competions another opportunity to excercise their talents.

What is Mr Lees up-to?

Is Simon in danger of losing his trophy?

Answers welcome (even multiple entries Leigh), but the usual caveats must apply.

Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Re: Yet Another Caption Competition

Post by Leigh Sebba »

OK Bob I will start you off – being computer boffins Tony and Simon have developed ‘invisible headphones’ and they are testing them out for a silent disco – definition follows…..

Silent disco has become a common name[1] for a disco where people dance to music listened to on wireless headphones. Rather than using a speaker system, music is broadcast via an FM-transmitter with the signal being picked up by wireless headphone receivers worn by the participants. Those without the headphones hear no music, giving the effect of a room full of people dancing to nothing

=D> =D> =D>
Robin Singleton
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Robin Singleton »

Hi Bob

Who won your previous photo competition?

Just interested...

Robin
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

that's the worst photo ever!
I was tring to steal Simon's half eaten biscuit (egged on by A class Goddard).
we drivers leave nothing to waste ;-)
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

TONY...saying " I want a pair of them figure hugging jeans !!!!"
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Tony not only dreams he has won a trophy – but he suffers from a serious problem with sleepwalking
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Robin Singleton wrote:Hi Bob

Who won your previous photo competition?

Just interested...

Robin
Robin,
I had rather hoped that a Lady from Essex would pick a winner, however, since we have heard nothing from the East recently, I will have to make my own judgement, and I therefore name you as the winner.
I cannot remmeber what your entry was, but as the only person taking any interest in the outcome I have no hesitation in awarding you the prize - whatever it is.

Congratulations.
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

I had rather hoped that a Lady from Essex would pick a winner, however, since we have heard nothing from the East recently, I will have to make my own judgement, and I therefore name you as the winner.
Bob, you didn't say when the competition closed so I did not presume to name a winner until all entries had been received. :roll:
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary,
Not having recieved replies to my recent messages, I feared the worst. It is good to hear from you again, my mind is now at rest!

As to closing time for entries into caption competitions, I have never set any particular limit, but following a dearth of replies after an initial flurry, one must assume the subject is dead.
Should you willing to shoulder the burden of judging the latest example, I will leave it up to you to announce a cut-off point and name a winner.

MG Live?

Love,

Bob.
Regards
Robin Singleton
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Robin Singleton »

Hi Bob

Very many thanks re your choice of winner.

The prize was a signed copy of the photo and free drink from the beer tent at any meeting at which we might both be present.

Can you e mail me all the events you are likely to attend over the next 12 months.

Good on you

Robin
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Robin,
Thanks for reminding me of the prizes on offer for the caption competition, I had completely forgotten just how generous I had been!! #-o

I have a very busy schedule over the next year, as I am lecturing on the ' Evils of Strong Liquor' for The Temperance Society, and will not have time to attend many meetings where there will be a 'beer tent'.
No doubt a suitable opportunity will arise at some distant time to present your 'alf a lager.

In the meantime I am sure that there must be a much nicer picture from my web site that you would prefer to the two drunks at the VSCC Meeting. Let me know if there is something more to your liking and I will gladly post it to you.

Meanwhile do keep sending in entries for the latest competition, multiple captions has worked for Leigh in the past.

Will you be in the Paddock at the British Grand Prix Meeting? I might be able to fulfill my obligations there.

TT Bob Bull.
Regards