Lack of Knowledge

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Re: Lack of Knowledge

Post by Bob Bull »

Leigh, I'm afraid that while cycle racing might on the face of it appear pretty simple, there is a lot that is not obvious to the untrained eye. Pulling back? Are they slowing or is the bunch going faster? Possibly a combination of both, pulling them back is just part of the jargon of cycle racing. Mobile relief? You should watch the Tour de France to see how they do it on the move, usually facing away from the cameras, in the interests of modesty.

The lunch bags are of course musettes and are handed up at designated 'feeding stations' by team members, they contain a variety of items dependent on the riders preferences. Energy gels, a cake or sandwich are typical fare plus a drink maybe even a fizzy one.

In view of the enormous interst generated on the site maybe John Emberson could be persuaded to give a talk at the next Morgan dinner party, he is probably much more up-to-date than I am.

Women's Road Racing? No idea about comfort breaks atall. Sorry.

As to Keith and his tactics, well he has the build of a 'Cavendish' so might win in a sprint anyway.

You may also be interested that they run races for 'veterans' from 40 years onwards, so there is hope for you yet.

Le Coureur.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Back to the original subject.

Robin has kindly provided information regarding his 17"' and in doing so has put my mind at rest on that matter at least, however, there is a dearth of replies on the other queries, which leads me to suppose there is indeed some less than innocent explanation for the terminology used in the Wants section.

I wonder what dark secrests lurk beneath the apparently still waters of the Brakehorsepower site?

Perhaps I should reconsider my involvement with certain Mogsters.

Mr Clean
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Robin Singleton wrote:Hi Bob

All very interesting...looked up Bluemels on the Internet and indeed they are suppliers of bicycle pumps, mudguards, etc.

I was meaning steering wheels... The Blluemels Brooklands wheel!

Appreciate your expert views re the road race.

Robin S
While delving around in the back of what is laughingly called my garage, (it has'nt seen a car in the last 40 years) I discovered a genuine Bluemels bicycle pump which I will bring to Silverstone on Saturday, sadly it only 15", but still works beautifully.
Looking forward to meeting which sould be blessed with sunshine according to the weather girl. Do look me up.

Bob.
Regards