Off Season Entertainment.

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Re: Off Season Entertainment.

Post by Bob Bull »

The disappointing attendance figures and the paucity of cast members, has resulted in a severe financial loss to the organisers of our 'Off Season Entertainment'. This may be due to the current economic climate, or because of the initial attempt to raise the intellectual standard of our offering, either way it puts any further productions in considerable jeopardy.
Perhaps a return to the traditional pantomime would prove sensible.

Mr Producer.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Maybe not until next Christmas…?
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

without the help, guidance and contributions of Bob, Mary, jack and others this project would have failed in half the time........
perhaps failure is too harsh--it wasnt incompetence but the impossibility of the task..
RIP
peter
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Thank you Compo for your supportive remarks, and may I thank you also for your admirable contributions to the venture, which entertained, enlightened, and illuminated the audience.

Kindest regards,

Foggy.

PS' I just love the way you grant Mr Bellinger only a lower case first name. :lol:
Regards
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Bob – you are in good company with your financial failure as I found on the web…..

‘But last year fans were served up with four financial flops - a Hollywood record. The Lone Ranger may have starred Johnny Depp, but is estimated to have lost £72million, R.I.P.D lost £69million, while Jack the Giant Slayer wasted £61 million.
But set to top them all as the juiciest turkey is 47 Ronin, released on Christmas Day and starring Keanu Reeves as a vengeful warrior in 18th century Japan. Described by one critic as ‘misguided on practically every level’, bosses at Universal are bracing themselves to write off £90 million after a disastrous opening week.’
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Leigh Sebba wrote:Bob – you are in good company with your financial failure as I found on the web…..

But last year fans were served up with four financial flops - a Hollywood record. The Lone Ranger may have starred Johnny Depp, but is estimated to have lost £72million, R.I.P.D lost £69million, while Jack the Giant Slayer wasted £61 million.
But set to top them all as the juiciest turkey is 47 Ronin, released on Christmas Day and starring Keanu Reeves as a vengeful warrior in 18th century Japan. Described by one critic as ‘misguided on practically every level’, bosses at Universal are bracing themselves to write off £90 million after a disastrous opening week.’

A mere bagatelle Leigh, compared with the loss of face certain members of our esteemed forum have suffered from this debacle.
Despite the foregoing we are surely grateful that you care sufficiently to at least try to cheer us up.
Regards