Motor Sport Magazine Archives

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Motor Sport Magazine Archives

Post by Bob Bull »

You can now browse through the Motor Sport's archives, which contain a wealth of information, while browsing for something I noticed the following item, which may (or may not) interest the likes of Mark Shears or JCC Clarke;

Page 46, July 1976

A Works Morgan

Sir.

1 ant trying to locate any photographs that might he in existence of my 1-1' Replica Morgan, This was the works car from 1938 to 1952 and is registered C.M3 652. It competed in the TT at Dimington in 1938 and also in many trials including the MCC trial, also in 1938. After the WU it was raced in the sports-car event at the Dqily kepresx meeting at Silverstone in 1947 and came either second, or third.

Newport, M. J. RIDLEY /Can anybody help ? Letters will be forwarded.—ED.

Spelling errors ain't myn.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Re: Motor Sport Magazine Archives

Post by Mary Lindsay »

That might be Mike Ridley who used to own a white Plus 4 flat rad Morgan, once also owned by Norman Stechman and it was nicknamed Beryl….
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Yes and Mike is trying to find info about CAB 652 the ex : Peter Morgan TT Replica.

It's history is now well known and I am pleased to say has returned to the UK after a long sojourn in the USA.

Cheers

Mark
Andy Downes
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Andy Downes »

Mary Lindsay wrote:That might be Mike Ridley who used to own a white Plus 4 flat rad Morgan, once also owned by Norman Stechman and it was nicknamed Beryl….
...and now owned by Melvyn Rutter, beautifully restored 4-seater and much coveted by his son Adam :lol:

This is a car that I should have bought, but could not afford in the late 70s and passed on details to Norman. Also pictured in Chris Harvey's 'The Last Survivor' in the cetre colour plates above the caption 'Old Campaigner'

Have Fun 8-)

Andy
'Skipper'