FIA regulated apparel

Race chatter
peter rafter

FIA regulated apparel

Post by peter rafter »

just reading July Issue MotorSport, article on Jim Clarke==
apparently at Silverstone he , in a Lotus Type 35-Cosworth, drives in the rain while wearing a Pac-a-Mac secured at the waist by string!!!!!! Find this amusing having just returned from scruitineering at Spa where they inspected underwear (sic) and socks!
Some of you are too young to remember such oddities as Pac-a-Mac but Bob, Jack and Mary can explain and probablly still have one..
peter
Bob Bull

Re: FIA regulated apparel

Post by Bob Bull »

Peter, awakening more memories. Indeed the humble and useful Pac-a-Mac beloved of men who braved the elements, personally I never owned one, relying a bicycle cape to protect me from life's storms. Indeed I still have one that has sheltered me from Silverstone's driving rain on more than one occasion.

I doubt that a gentleman of Jack's standing in the community would ever have donned such a basic garment as a Pac-a-Mac, I am sure that it would have been the more up-market Trench coat for him, as to Mary, we have been regaled often enough with stories of her adventures in a Barbour Jacket that we may safely assume that she, neither, appeared in public in the aforesaid rainwear.

I do hope that the recent downpours in the North have not left your hop sack too damp.

Regards,

Bob.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

HOP SACK INDEED!!
WELL THATS AT LEAST ONE THING I must SHARE WITH THE MAESTRO CLARKE
ALBEIT ONLY THE PIECE OF STRING AROUND THE WAIST...
regards
peter
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Jim always spelt his name Clark, do you refer to another well known ace 'Clarke'?
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

yes Jim Clark -in 1965 formula 2 Senior Service 200
ps
Senior Service? Ciggies?
peter