How do I go faster

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Re: How do I go faster

Post by Bob Bull »

Peter, apart from a few flippant comments from Mr Cognac, not one of your rivals has offered any advice to aid you in your search for greater performance, and this, naturally leads me to believe they fear a resurgent Rafter in 2018. This begs the question were you ever surgent in the first place?

Just asking,

Baub.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Squire Bauble,
Forgive me if i address your query at a later date. I am today fully charged with this complex and perplexing problem off communicating with those of other worlds.The latest intruder into our solar system is apparently cigar shaped. I have examined the artists impression widely reproduced in the popular press and from my perspective it looks nothing like the cigars persistently utilised by Messrs Goddard and Paterson to fumigate the paddock, albeit with a wondrous fragrance.
I think I may have cracked the binary code. Unlike the Sumerian script it is s a mixture of only 2 lettres/sorry numbers. How difficult can that be?
ps
my gardener informs me that glycasophate ha been reprieved for use. I think he is disapointed as he has a reserve stockpile of "agent orange" .
peter
Andrew Potter

Post by Andrew Potter »

Another thought for Mr. Rafter which may be applicable or not. Last night we were invited to our new neighbours for a mince pie, (too early for my liking). She comes from Sheffield, and intimated that she used to frequent a building called The Leadmill. I suspect,Peter, that in your impressionable years, obviously fairly recently, that you may, too, have had occasion to visit this nightclub and the building's original products have stuck to your clothes. Having failed with my comment of using Spandex to re- model your beast, perhaps the loss of a few pounds of lead, aided this time by Spanx, may help you in your quest. Also look up Coniston Powerboat Record Week on You Tube, the orange boat No 11 and see what happens when you start a gas turbine- good for cigar smokers and those with cold hands. I cannot see any mention of the use of a gas turbine under the bonnet in the new regs- after all was it Rover BRM gas turbine that circulated around Le Mans? Failing that, would it be permissible to start using some of Mr. Bull's redundant Campagnolo Deraillieur gears? Now that regs have been published what class will you be in next year, and who will be your competitors?
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

I am not at liberty to disclose whether this latest change of tack involving the weird behaviour of sub atomic particles is prompted from an earthly or extraterrestrial source. To comprehend and accept this new concept you would need to discard common sense and intuition (but then again you probably wouldn’t be in the Challenge series if you weren’t mildly unhinged). Firstly, “quantum particles can be in many places at once “ Whoa! Hold the front page!
Imagine! The pretty red car (admittedly the sum of a great number of particles) can be at Luffield , Copse, Stowe, any point on the circuit etc all at the same time. Think on. If I could only link this phenomenon to the TSL timing mechanism I could choose where I would be positionally and in front of whom! Check mate.
I would not need the super magnets , gravity assist, particle accelerator at all. Although I may hold these in reserve. There is not long before Spa to perfect this. Back to the lab.
ps
Andrew, I will respond. But as you can see i have more pressing matters.
peter
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Peter, I suspect the answer to your search for more speed need not be so complicated!
I cannot tap into the Cern Large Hydran Collider where I am led to believe they know a thing or three about acceleration.
The solution lies in this sentence ..... acceleration! As the estimable Tony said earlier press harder.
Regards
Andrew Potter

Post by Andrew Potter »

Peter- would it be more relevant if you removed the word 'collider' from the equation?
Andrew
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

I can see that you are all struggling with the basic principles and concepts of Fisics which attempts to explain how the universe behaves, (even to our antipodean friends0. However, avoid being locked into the conventional views. Quantum Fisics and Quantum Mechanics deal with what evades explanation by the traditional laws. Moreover, at the fundamental quantum level “reality” is unknowable. Quantum is weird, no?.
I am merely extending this process to resolve the mysteries that the former cannot. Ergo I am following a long line of free radicals some of whom trousered wads of kronor. By the way Einstein did not win the Nobel prize for the Theory of Relativity but for the “photoelectric effect”. Which brings me nicely to this hypothesis that quantum particles can be in many places at once. Light is a stream of particles. The objective is that the drivers , spectators and Squire Bauble “see or perceive in the context of a stream of particles hitting their respective retinas” the pretty red car in the van not only at Eau Rouge, but Pouhon, Stavelot and Blanchimont, etc. (much more betterer if simultaneously!)
Where is my white lab coat?
ps
Acceleration aside, I need to work on the squiggly bits
pps
I sometimes think that Quantum Theory should be prefaced with a simple caveat such as “You are not going to believe this but…….
peter
Greg Mackie
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Greg Mackie »

Seems the problem is the "free radicals"...lock 'em all up, say I.
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

All ze particles of ze egg must haf crossed ze line at eggzactly ze same time.
A German yolk is no laffing matter!
Prof. Heinz Wolf. requiescat in pace.
ps
One egg is an Oeuf (Tin Tin or Lemaître )
peter
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Entschuldigung.
Professor Heinz Wolff. (Doppel f)
From an Obituary in the Times
"With his bow tie and half-moon glasses, not to mention the wiry tufts of hair sticking out at alarming angles from the sides of his domed head, Heinz Wolff seemed determined to look like a mad professor. Combined with his German accent,"
He created the term bioengineering to describe the application of engineering principles to biological and medical sciences.
Notforgetting the Great Egg Race “zolfe a fiendish engineering problem”
r.i.p.
peter
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Setting on one side for an instance the riveting subject of sub atomic particles et al (groan) , I may have on an unrelated topic inadvertently made a flippant admission that some fault may lie with the driver of the pretty red car* I may have also implied that one strand of my secretive lab work could be pursued to address this wild unattributable assumption.
Listening with one ear tuned to the wireless today it would appear that in the fields of biometric and bioengineering** some deranged researchers had used a 3 D printer to produce a kidney, although It was not established whether this was for consumption (yummy) or other uses. It has often (perhaps too often) been pointed out that in the right hands that the pretty red car is a race and class winner. So I am now resolved with the help of the Mary Shelley manual of surgery to utilise this modern technology in manufacturing to produce “a right pair of hands”. As a matter of course I will keep all informed of progress on this innovative solution.
However, can anyone recommend a proficient transplant surgeon (aside from Victor)?.

*see it must be pants time
** See Wolff
peter
JERRY KNIGHT

Post by JERRY KNIGHT »

Peter , over the years I have heard many references to "Hot shoe " ! I am not sure if one puts them in an oven prior to the race or whether you actually have to set light to them . Maybe this could be of some help .
Best Jerry
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

I have often heard the expression "To potter about." I wonder where this phrase originated?
Regards
john bevan

Post by john bevan »

Is this a load of Bull?
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

peter rafter wrote:Entschuldigung.
Professor Heinz Wolff. (Doppel f)
From an Obituary in the Times
"With his bow tie and half-moon glasses, not to mention the wiry tufts of hair sticking out at alarming angles from the sides of his domed head, Heinz Wolff seemed determined to look like a mad professor. Combined with his German accent,"
He created the term bioengineering to describe the application of engineering principles to biological and medical sciences.
Notforgetting the Great Egg Race “zolfe a fiendish engineering problem”
r.i.p.
HOW?