How do I go faster

Race chatter
peter rafter

Re: How do I go faster

Post by peter rafter »

I did indeed go progressively faster during the day albeit from a very sloew qualifying. Unfortunately so did everybody else!!
I had thought to have a white bow tie made from nomex to wear at Spa. Do you think the scruitineers will pass it?
peter
JERRY KNIGHT

Post by JERRY KNIGHT »

Peter take a tow rope with you to Silverstone !
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

As I struggled vainly to usher the reader through this thread in a veritable panoply of educational and Scientific topics and issues, witness
Fisics, Mafematics, Quantum mechanics. Quantum computing, Quantum Fisics, Biometric and Bio Engineering, Gravity, magnetism, Cern, Nasa, Extra terrestrial, Astrology, Artificial Intelligence, Binary nomenclature, Metafisics, The Age of Reason, Erasmus and so on,,, not to mention faintly relevant automotive proposals on pit stop procedure, push to pass, pater noster and so on…
And what does Our class A Pilot suggest?
A Tow rope!!!
O woe is me..
ps
Jerry how long should it be?
peter
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

pps
jerry,
on due reflection I fear your earnest and well intended suggestion may prove impractical especially with you on row 1 of the grid and me on row 25.
Back to the lab and the DFA box
peter
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Bungee?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

TonyLees wrote:Bungee?
Never been their, but hear it is quite a nice place.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Peter, perhaps a chat with some Australian cricketers may offer a path to greater glory.

No! No! I am not suggesting roughing up your ...................... Oops!
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Recalls to mind the statement by Hockney on W. H. Auden
peter
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

I have yet to discard some helpful suggestions relayed to me with noticeable lack of sincerity at Snetterton and Silverstone, including an interesting proposal of an anchor which I should hurl into a passing car (should there be any- sadly not hard to discount) ) and in the ensuing tow I should employ a winch to catapult me to the front. [winch and anchor would also assist in achieving the recommended weight for Class J] I think the anchor has more merit and might prove more fruitful than a lasso which would be accompanied by yells of yeehaw. I notice that in the strangely formulaic Formula E series there is a push to pass button ( to which I had alluded in an earlier posting) but also an inexplicable “Fanboost” element which can be decisive in overtaking and even winning manoeuvres. Apparently The FanBoost is a concept introduced by the FIA in the Formula E Championship to give the three "most popular" drivers a temporary boost in power . Should this be available at Spa, how could I fail?
peter
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

ps
please note the vote for Fanboost lies with the spectators and not fellow drivers.
pps
Am taking quick lessons in Flemish for Spa
peter
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Flemish for spa = "spa" :)
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Tony,
brief but eloquent
peter
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

My daughter thinks that I have total grasp of unreality. Does this mean that my idea of fixing a sun dial as a lap timer is impractical? A potential flaw could be that there is heavy cloud at Spa obscuring the sun (otherwise known in Yorkshire as that bright light in the sky). I had already ruled out a water clock as used in the monasteries calling the monks to prayer in the 11th and 12th centuries.
Must rush, got to dress for dinner...
peter
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Caveat. Beware of talking to Physicists and Mathematicians. Never ask them how to boil an egg. They see absolutely everything in equations. Not simple equations such as a+b=c but strange convoluted strings replete with Greek letters, digits, obtuse signs, whorls interspersed with dots and linkages, complex roots, all intended to make everything incontestably simple, clear and understandable. Equations are rarely short. Okay we all know E = mc2 but you should see the proof! Physicists swoon over lagangrians, they revere forebears from Euler, Gauss and Heisenberg.
I stumbled into this swamp when trying to understand the disputed theories over Time, What is it? What is the arrow of time? We have learnt to measure it with clocks. There are a plethora of concepts , postulations, its association with space for one.
When reading more sophisticated versions of my oeuvre “Fisics made Simpul”, the latest in a couple of books by Carlo Rovelli (no association), hoping to find a way to bamboozle TSL Timing at Spa into projecting me further up the running order, i hit on the apparent fact that time passes faster at altitude than it does at sea level.( Einstein again.. gravity is stronger than tangental velocity). Aha! Not only would you age faster at altitude but by the very fact time passes faster, you would arrive sooner.
Unfortunately it appears that my transponder would need to be at such an altitude above La Source, Eau Rouge and Blanchimont that would render it impractical. Tant pis.
Back to the lab.
ps
Insanity is just a state of mind
peter
JERRY KNIGHT

Post by JERRY KNIGHT »

Peter slight problem . Don't think TSL work in Belgium . Expect it will be some foreign Johnnies full of beer and waffles working with broken stopwatches !
Best ploy would seem to be bribery ! For a price I could make introductions .