President of The VSCC

Race chatter
Bob Bull

President of The VSCC

Post by Bob Bull »

Congratulations to Jen Lees who has been elected as President of the Vintage Sports Car Club, I am sure we all wish her well in her new role. :)
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Re: President of The VSCC

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Wow, good for Jen. Congratulations.
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

She's certainly very brave!
I am practicing walking 5 paces behind with my head bowed.
Main question is, do I get the bouquet of flowers at the AGM?
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Great news Tony.

Please send my best wishes.

Cheers

Mark
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Congratulations
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

I notice that Simon Rothon, our friend and extremely affable participant in the Morgan Racing Fambly of recent years, features on the pages of the current Motorsport Magazine edition, where, amongst Luminaries or mnemonics e.g. Tiff Needell (I always thought this was a light bulb) he is shown, with a slightly perplexed expression, struggling with the explanation of why, the pretty red car on display at Thruxton is an exotic almost extinct marque with a weird Franco/ Italiano nomenclature, as opposed to more prestigious and very British iconic alternative (cue strains of Nimrod), He seems to be expounding, No this is not a Morgan, at least to his fading memory and faculties, he hopes not, it is a, hold on a minute , its on the tip of my tongue, what do you call it, a thingummybob, no a whojummyflit,, you know what I mean, no no don’t go it will come to me later. How about a coffee?

Mais Bien, mon petit choux-fleur, On first inspection it is a relatively modern update of a pre war/early post war marque that had success at the highest level and produced many memorable cars that adorn the international historic race and concours competitions world wide.

Even a certain member of the VSCC, which I sincerely hope was not an act of contrition or recompense for a minor peccadillo, was known to purchase in the not so distant past, a relatively modern version, ostensibly for his good lady and indeed his wife. Now that she, she of such charm and grace has now ascended to the Presidency of the VSCC, despite his best efforts, It is only natural and right that she demands as jul recompense, and appropriate with her now national status and standing, a more suitable reward and gift, May I suggest a suitable entrant for the 2019 Brighton Rally?????
peter
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

That’s no lady, that’s my wife (and she buys her own cars) :)
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Far be it for me to cast any doubt about the suitability of Mrs. Lees being enthroned as President of the VSCC, but one cannot help but wonder, conjecture?, about whether it is simply another exercise in Gender Equality (or should that be Jender Equality?). I understand from frequent adverts on the BBC TV that Doctor Who is now of the female gender, as are most of the Senior Ranking Police Commissioners who regularly declaim in the media on topics of unlawful behaviour. Why even our Monarch is a Queen.

Is this another example of Polictical Correctness?

One only wonders.
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Sudden afterthought. Does the lady in question frequent this forum? 8-[ #-o
Regards
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Bob Bull wrote:Far be it for me to cast any doubt about the suitability of Mrs. Lees being enthroned as President of the VSCC, but one cannot help but wonder, conjecture?, about whether it is simply another exercise in Gender Equality (or should that be Jender Equality?). I understand from frequent adverts on the BBC TV that Doctor Who is now of the female gender, as are most of the Senior Ranking Police Commissioners who regularly declaim in the media on topics of unlawful behaviour. Why even our Monarch is a Queen.

Is this another example of Polictical Correctness?

One only wonders.
Hoping you will be at the Driver's Dinner Bob. You can ask Jen [-o<
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Tony, remind the President who it was that took the picture included on the official press release announcing her succession. Tell her it is not flattering, it captures all of her beauty, charm and flair for dressing well, even her sense of humour shines through the image.

One has also to remember that the very first winner of the Morgan Challenge was our own Mary Lindsay, so I have no doubt both achievements are completely merit based.

As an ex- racing cyclist I find it sometime pays to pedal backwards. :shock:
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

One has also to remember that the very first winner of the Morgan Challenge was our own Mary Lindsay, so I have no doubt both achievements are completely merit based.
Of that you may be certain! We women give no quarter and expect none!

We also take exception to patronising "equality" and quota-based appointments. [-X

Bobby you seem to have unwittingly strayed into somewhat deep and dangerous waters! 8-[

I am sure that if you buy Jen and me a double gin at the dinner we will forgive your lapse of wisdom and tact. \:D/
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

"Hoping you will be at the Driver's Dinner Bob. You can ask Jen"

"I am sure that if you buy Jen and me a double gin at the dinner we will forgive your lapse of wisdom and tact."

I seem to be piling up more and more reasons to decline the invitation. [-o<

Any chance of a rebate Katy ………………………. Oh another wo...……!
Regards
JERRY KNIGHT

Post by JERRY KNIGHT »

Bob Bull wrote:I understand from frequent adverts on the BBC TV that Doctor Who is now of the female gender,
Not " Doctor Who "his / her name is and always has been " The Doctor "
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Not " Doctor Who "his / her name is and always has been " The Doctor "
Who?