Glad to hear that the op has gone well
am impressed with your comment that you have knocked 50yrs off and feel 30
I and a few others would not mind loosing a few years

Barry
Andy Downes
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: Problems of Old Age.

Post by Andy Downes »

Great to see Bob at the Leathern Bottle Meet today (Thanks Peter Cole).

He was in good acerbic form and the pub lunch disappeared in no time so he's definitely on the mend, camera was in action as you'd expect too !

Take Care Bob and keep smiling.

Andy
'Skipper'
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and best wishes, all is almost back to pre war days, and on Tuesday I had surgery to remove cataracts from the left eye. Now can see where I P.

Cheers

Bob.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Second cataract op was done on Wednesday, and is a lot less problematic than the first, so much so I made it the BDC on Saturday,
Vast expenditure on a camera lens has also improved my photos, but not MY photography, good to see (no pun inyended) so many friends and Jack,
Watch the Aero site for results.

Bob.
Regards
SimonScott
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by SimonScott »

Good to see you at Silverstone Bob - promise I will WeTransfer you some pics from the top of the Brooklands Suite which will be a different angle for you.
Great to catch up with others as well - "Pretty Red" Peter, Tony, Elliot, Katy, Richard, Paul, John, Ringo et al. Maybe not Ringo... :lol:
Good racing as well! :O:
Formerly #64 - Class E 4/4 Sport Comp and Class R Lwt Roadster...
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Some 14 months on since the last posting, an up-sate on my current sate of health. Should you have attended any of the meetings I got to this year, you will have seen a wobbly old gent staggering around the paddock, constantly requiring help from his dedicated carers, the reason for my lack of leg control was not due too a simple lack of exercise ass I thought, but is deterioration of the spinal cord caused by the ageing process. Apparently from age 40 onwards (frightening no?) the soft tissue between the discs in he spine start to wear out, the older you get the worse the problem, as the discs now sit directly on each other, the nerves send the wrong signals to the brain leading to lack of control over a wide range of normal functions. The condition is irreversible and there is nothing, it seems, to be done about it. Some exercises help strengthen the back muscles, and help with flexibility, but a stumbling uncontrolled gait is inevitable. My physio who broke the news to me tells me I must get a set of wheels to push around- do Morgan have a suitable model?

I should, with help from Peter Cole, make it to Malvern on the 25th, where expressions of sympathy will be gratefully received.
Bob.
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Sorry to hear that Bob, keep up the good spirits and lively wit!
This forum is greatly enhanced by your contributions.