ARV6 sold at auction

Private cars or parts for sale or wanted

Moderator: Andy Downes

Forum rules
If your item sells or is withdrawn, please post a message to that effect.
peter rafter

ARV6 sold at auction

Post by peter rafter »

ARV6 Bumble sold at Silverstone/Race retro £39000 plus commission. A snip considering development costs expended.
Many lots didn't reach estimates.. either optimistic valuations or weak market. Is realism creeping back on stage?
regards
peter
peter rafter

Re: ARV6 sold at auction

Post by peter rafter »

unfortunately it didn't sell---apparently this was below the reserve. It was on display at the entrance to the Hall at Stoneleigh Race Retro together with Choc Ices,, both looked pristine. So if anybody still interested follow it up.
a 1987 Sierra Cosworth RS500, with just 5,192 miles on the clock, sold for an astonishing £590k in a biding war. However for all the codgers (some 40 of them)with similar cars in the garage don't expect the same result.
There were some strange results ( including an Aston Martin lightweight converted for road use) but a lovely Jag MK2 ex JD classics fetched more than my piggy bank.
peter
Jim Mountain

Re: ARV6 sold at auction

Post by Jim Mountain »

I saw the Sierra on Saturday, it was a tidy car. When my dad saw the £160k guide price on it, he said "I wouldn't pay that much for a Sierra".

As for £600k I can think of a long list of cars, that would be more enjoyable to own, and still have change for a nice house, holiday and maybe a boat.