Challenge Anniversary

Races, track days, testing ...
Barry Sumner

Challenge Anniversary

Post by Barry Sumner »

With the first ever Challenge races taking place in 1985 - 2024 marks the 40th Anniversary, so start dusting off all those race cars off. Lets get 40 racing Morgan on a grid - what circuit can accommodate that?
That's my two pennies worth as a starter.

Barry
Alan House
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: Challenge Anniversary

Post by Alan House »

If I am entering Fiscar next year I'm definately up for that, Alan
Andy Downes
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Andy Downes »

Barry Sumner wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:12 pm 2024 marks the 40th Anniversary
Well who'd have thought it Barry =D>

Really good idea, I thought there were regularly 40 cars on the grid - or am I dreaming...

Have Fun :)

Andy
'Skipper'
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

19 started the first race at Snetterton on 19th May 85 and all finished.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Philip Tisdall

Post by Philip Tisdall »

Thanks Barry,
Chris (and I) are aware and have ideas in the pipeline. And yes it would be wonderful to get 40 Morgans out for a race
P
Philip
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Even if I don’t make the grid I would like to be there and bring the car along. And chase up the others such as Catherine T and Graeme B who made it at Brands ten years ago. But the earlier the date (and venue) is known the better.
Do we have the anniversary a year early ?
Barry Sumner

Post by Barry Sumner »

"Do we have the Anniversary a year early" not according to Rick Bourne, Andy Downes and Jack Bellinger and they should know.
The earlier its known the better - which is why I flagged it with both Phillip and Chris, not trying to steal anyone's efforts. But a little event that I have on the go, more details later, has had a marketing lead time of two years. so yes the earlier the better.
Barry
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Barry,
Given the rather thin grids we have seen this yea, amasssing 40 Morgans might be a problem, I wonder if rather than 40 on the grid two heats of 20 might have some merit? Running one heat or race for the faster cars, and a second for less fast runners might attract some of the old timers back, and encourage Leigh to actually don his helmet again? Having the likes of Olly Bryant, Keith Ahlers coming past could be a little daunting for some.
None of my business, of course, but I have seen more races than most over 64 years of watching racing cars, so dare to venture an opinion.

Feel free to completely ignore this post.

Bob.
Regards
Barry Sumner

Post by Barry Sumner »

Bob
Some interesting thoughts.
I am no longer part of the challenge organising team, so simply flagged it, to get it into peoples minds, and to be early entries into diary's for they seem to get somewhat crowded these days.
Then of course car preparation needs to be a) thought about and b) booked in for the lead time of some parts is getting a bit silly.
Philip and Chris are aware and as Philip has mentioned plans are being firmed up so look forward to hearing of those.
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

When we started this we had Sponsors That sponsored individual races
Broadbent Learner(Justin Broadbent . Jane Bourne) ...Richard Bourne Garages....Mike Duncan...Libra Motive (Rob Wells)...Graham Bryant....Unalco(andy Garlic)...Wallace & Howard(ex chris Lawrence)

Then Millbank Trucks sponsored the whole series (John Millbank)

just food for thought

Many thanks to you all for help making this great series

jack
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

The 2024 Challenge series will be the fortieth season of racing, so a forty car grid seems an eminently sensible idea, then in 2025 the Anniversary can be celebrated in any number of ways.

He who knows nothing.
Regards