Ideal start to motor racing: Class D racing car

Private cars or parts for sale or wanted

Moderator: Andy Downes

Forum rules
If your item sells or is withdrawn, please post a message to that effect.
philip goddard
Morgan Class C

Ideal start to motor racing: Class D racing car

Post by philip goddard »

Lady owner, Sharlie Goddard reluctantly offers her Ivory 3.5 litre plus 8 class D racing car (subject to securing class C car). Car has competed in the Morgon Motor Challenge for the last 6 or 7 years, first with Paul Chauveau, then myself then my wife, all of whom upgraded to class C. Has won at most circuits in its career; outright lap record hoder at Mallory and Cadwell Park with lady at the wheel. Great car to learn to race in, as bodywork good but not concourse and car knows the circuits!

Mechanically kept immaculate courtesy of Techniques. New plumbed in fire extingusher to comply with latest regs. Will need new race seat as lady driver has short legs.

Car is driven to circuits, remove spare wheel and windows/cover if on, (and the jack if you remember!) and ready to go.

E-mail me on vetphilg@aol.com, or phone Sharlie on 07976 702 411 or 01763 246 276 or phone Brian Gateson at Techniques for technical questions 01462 835500.

Don't know what it is valued at yet but a very cost effective entry to roadsports racing.
Kind Regards
Philip G
philip goddard
Morgan Class C

Post by philip goddard »

price ideally £15k, would accept £14.5k or maybe a little less. New King pins just installed.
Kind Regards
Philip G
philip goddard
Morgan Class C

Post by philip goddard »

Technical details:

YoM: 1980. Wt c950kg. Standard untuned, Blueprinted John Eales, 3.5litre sd1 engine, probably c175bhp, rich carb needles, oil cooling fitted, driver’s roll bar, side impact protection bars, under-scuttle roll bar. 5 x Yoko A539 tyres vgc, electric dead cut, 5 point seat belt, race brake pads, race exhaust, optional race seat, BTR axle (very strong), recent new front stub axles, Gemmer steering box, hood, tonneau, tow points, plumbed in fire system, Momo race steering wheel, brake & clutch & throttle pads. Aluminium floor beneath seats.
Kind Regards
Philip G
Rob Toon

Plus 8

Post by Rob Toon »

Hi Philip
I am just in the throws of selling my 4/4 kent engined car in order to swap for a plus eight. I have done the sprint and hillclimb series and need a little more power.
It would really help if you could let me know what the chassis / woodwork is like and how "used" the body work is!!
Once I have a general idea I will give you a call.

Regards
Rob Toon
Toony