Races for Morgan +4s and 4/4s

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by John Clarke »

I have received an indication from the BDC that they are also enthused about running the TT again this year within one of their races.

Nothing confirmed yet, but all parties giving positive vibes. More details about the BDC Silverstone meeting will be given out at the BDC Competitions day (17th Feb)

BDC have confirmed date as 4th Aug

john
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

More details about the BDC Silverstone meeting will be given out at the BDC Competitions day (17th Feb)
John, are you going to this?
Charles Neal

Post by Charles Neal »

what about a 4 cylinder race at the MSCC organised race meeting at Mallory Park?
The idea was tried last year. Sadly there were only three entries so it was combined with another race - but I think it could happen if more people entered.

Charles
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Great News! Really pleased to hear the BDC are as enthusiastic as we all are about having another TT race - well done Brian and John!

I am going to the BDC Competitors Day Mary, so if there is anything you want me to bring up...let me know!

I think Charles that interest in 4 cylinder racing has moved on since last years Mallory meeting - one of the main reasons being that inaugral TT meeting. Brian and John have really kick-started something. I am sure there will be far more interest this year.

Cheers

Mark
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by John Clarke »

I have started setting up space to discuss the different series available to us under separate headings - 'cos I'm neat and tidy like that!!!

Suggest that if you want to mention information relevant to a series use the ones I have started or if not there, set up a new topic

happy new year to all

john
Mark Shears

Morgan Challenge Series Dates

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi John,

Many thanks from all of us for setting up all the different headings for the various events we are eligible to enter.

It would now be very useful for us to know the dates (even proposed) for the Morgan Challenge Series so we can plan around them - we know BDC meeting is August 4th so that's a start!

Cheers

Mark
Guy Loveridge

Cloth Cap races with Morgans in

Post by Guy Loveridge »

Hi all, I've been racing a Frogeyed Sprite in the sports car part of Top Hat - Cloth Cap since the first race at Donington back in 2001. MANY +4 Morgans have taken part - Jim Tucker, Gabriel Konig, Adrian Van Der Croft, Jim Tucker, Tim and Rupert Richards, Charles Knill-Jones, Tony Howard etc. It's a great format - 1 hour 2 driver races, and now its part of The Masters Series, I comment it to you all!