Competition seat Wanted

Private cars or parts for sale or wanted

Moderator: Andy Downes

Forum rules
If your item sells or is withdrawn, please post a message to that effect.
Rob Toon

Competition seat Wanted

Post by Rob Toon »

Has anyone got a Sparco seat or the like in good con that will fit my +8. I am presently peeking over the top of the screen!
Alternatively any innovative thoughts on dealing with being 6' 3" without resorting to surgery!!!!
Toony
Toony
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

If you intend to undertake any competition events I suggest you buy a new Sparco rev

Since it fits (its narrow) and you will have no problems with scrut,as it will be valid to the latest FIA/MSA rules

Any second hand seat may soon or already be out of date

I remember this topic has been discussed last year on this website
Jim Mountain

Post by Jim Mountain »

Try taking the wooden spacers out from under the standard seat, these used to be about 2" thick on some cars.
john bevan

seat

Post by john bevan »

Hi Rob- there are several Sparco racing seats in date on E-bay- but I would look at GPR website. They have new and uncrashed seats from£100. If you want to avoid the problems Chas Windridge had it is worth the money. I have put a new Sparco rev in FTT 222 V and it is superb.Taking out the cushion from it drops you by 2"

John
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!
Rob Toon

Seat

Post by Rob Toon »

Andy Green wrote:If you intend to undertake any competition events I suggest you buy a new Sparco rev

Since it fits (its narrow) and you will have no problems with scrut,as it will be valid to the latest FIA/MSA rules

Any second hand seat may soon or already be out of date

I remember this topic has been discussed last year on this website
Thanks Andy
Toony
Rob Toon

Seat!!

Post by Rob Toon »

Jim Mountain wrote:Try taking the wooden spacers out from under the standard seat, these used to be about 2" thick on some cars.
Thanks Jim
Toony