New HSCC Trophy For 4 Cylinder Morgans

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

Mark Hoble

New HSCC Trophy For 4 Cylinder Morgans

Post by Mark Hoble »

Morgan Plus 4s have been welcome participants for a number of years in the HSCC Historic Roadsports Championship (HRS). In order to encourage even greater participation in the future the HSCC has decided from 2008 to provide owners of Plus 4s and 4/4s with the opportunity to compete within HRS for their own trophy.

The following rules will apply :

1. Open to all Morgan four cylinder cars registered and complying with HRS regulations;
2. To be eligible entrants must be classified in the HRS championship (that means entering a minimum of four rounds);
3. The Trophy will be presented to the highest ranking Morgan four cylinder car in the HRS championship; and,
4. Ties will be decided in accordance with the HRS championship regulations.

It is very unusual for the HSCC to promote such an award within a Championship and I hope that you will agree with me that it represents a great opportunity for us to compete against each other on a regular basis at the best UK circuits all under the wing of the HSCC.

If you have any questions or comments email me on:

mark.hoble@mercer.com

Kind regards,

Mark.
Mark Shears

HSCC Mogs

Post by Mark Shears »

Mark, I think this is a great idea of yours and you are to be congratulated in getting the powers that be at the HSCC to agree to your idea. It also says a lot about Morgans and the high regard they are held in (in some discerning circles at least!)

I for one will certainly sign up to compete for the Trophy as I intend to contest as many of the meetings as I can next year. This has been my first "rookie" season and the HSCC and their Historic Roadsports series has been a great way to get started in Historic Motorsport.

I can thoroughly recommend it to any other Morgan Plus 4 owners who might be considering taking the plunge - so now you have the perfect opportunity!

Many thanks Mark and I look forward to seeing you at our first race at Donington next March - can't wait!!!

Cheers,

Mark
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by John Clarke »

Well done Mark....I will be dusting down the SS and revisiting what it is like to go fast (well compared with the pre war 4-4).

:O:
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

Mark

Fantastic count me in, I am planning to do as many HSCC events as I can in 2008. =D>

Richard.
Philip McKelvey

Post by Philip McKelvey »

Well done Mark
I did try to get my Plus 8 into the Historic Roadsports and chase James P around, but as it is a 70's car it has had to stay in the 70's roadsports.

However my 65 Mustang nears completion (MOT passed last week at BHM) and I intend to enter this car later in the year.

Regards
Philip
phil
simon king

Post by simon king »

Nice one Mark. FOJ and I will be back trying again. Hopefully I'll get rid of my Silverstone curse in 2008 ( 3 separate visits, 3 different mech. problems).