GT Racer on 'DAVE'

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

GT Racer on 'DAVE'

Post by John Clarke »

I have just watched the 2nd GT Racer put out by DAVE on Sunday lunchtime.

The 1st program covered the Porto Grand Prix when you will see quite a few shots of Dion Kremer in XRX1 dodging the walls....if you're really patient, you will also catch a glimpse of Leigh in my 4-4LM narrowly avoiding crashing into a stricken Ford Model A special on the pit straight.....thanks Leigh!!!

The 2nd program aired to-day covered the Silverstone Classic meeting. Again some great shots of Dion in XRX1, Adrian in XOV and Keith in his SLR. If you hang on to the end, you may also glimpse the aforementioned 4-4LM following a Maserati out of the paddock...the pilot appearing extremely handsome and competent!!! (well that's what Sarah mumbled under her breath....or something like that).

I'm not sure which race they're covering next week but they have intimated that the Spa 6 hour race will be one of the programmes.

Nice to watch something other than overweight boys tail slide very expensive cars around disused air fields.....at least they show overweight boys tail slide very expensive cars around a race track!!
Tim Hill

Re: GT Racer on 'DAVE'

Post by Tim Hill »

I only caught the last 20 minutes of GT Racer, but I did notice the handsome chappie driving the LM 4/4 - I can't comment on competence though - nearly blinked and missed it. I look forward to the repeats :D

Cheers

Tim
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Sadly I missed the first one but was very pleased to see the little car at the end of the second :-)
Mind you, I quite fancy a Stingray now...
Upcoming GT racer times here: http://library.digiguide.com/lib/programme/629734" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers, Tony
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Not being used to such celebrity status I was a bit distracted by this ‘thing’ hovering somewhere above the aeroscreen – until I realised it was the camera boom. Also a bit distracting to have the big screens up by the track – tended to sit back on the straighter bits of track and watch the big telly by the circuit. And at the first Porto meeting we went back to hotel after our race and switched on telly, and could watch the Kremer’s race live on TV.

For those of us too stingy or disorganised to have satellite channels perhaps someone could tape or DVD the relevant bits ?
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

The good news is that DAVE is a Freeview channel so even those who would argue the toss over the price of a cable tie have access. And being DAVE, the programme will be repeated upteem times.

As it happens, I did tape the 1st two shows....using my super duper whizzy hard disk / DVD player....I just now need to work out how to transfer recordings from the hard disk to a DVD.

Leigh, I'll drop you a copy of the whole series when it comes to an end.... to add to your collection of national news front page covers, FOX TV appearances, magazine appearances (various) and Radio 4 programmes. Oh the life of a celebrity!
Jon Ellison

Post by Jon Ellison »

The Silverstone one was quite good, though the idea of just sticking a cage in a big block and sticky tyres on and expecting it to go well was a bit optimistic!!

The one Last night from Laguna was good too, many Ferrari's and Astons, but christ those Yank Don'y like racing (as in getting close to each other, real cut and thrust UK racing - hilarious that a 250SB driffer cam back in and he had been reported 6 times for driving off the couase in a dangerous fashion! He was like - WHAT!? I was just using ALL the track.

Different world! :wink:
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

This weekend was the Spa 6 hour race....glimpses of Malcolm Pauls +4 and the Keith's +8. They failed to mention the +4s stunning result and seemed to spend too much time on Bronson's dodgy gearbox!!....as for the Cobra running out of petrol.....who would do a stupid thing like that !!!!!! (ahem) :oops:

I'm sure it will be repeated...see Tony's link above for times.
Jon Ellison

Post by Jon Ellison »

Much better than last US one (mobile Concours not racing!).

Still hack me off that a Mustang can win - when if the cars are to proper fia spec mustang would not live with a cobra, griff200 or GT40.