donington park track day

Races, track days, testing ...
john bevan

Re: donington park track day

Post by john bevan »

website says:

"to run in an open General Test session all drivers must be 16 years or older, and have an MSA Competition Licence of National B or higher (or foreign equivalent). No passengers are allowed."

Since sprinters hold a Non-race National B I think we can run. Will double check tomorrow by phone. When I called today the person I spoke to said that March dates will be released in 2 weeks. We could get a discount off the MArch price but we would need to get up to 10 definites.

John
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!
john bevan

Post by john bevan »

March dates are Tuesday 11th and Thursday 20th for open lane, unsilenced test day.
£269 for the half-day. I think I might actually push the boat out for March because the weather should be better by then.

any preference for date?and morning or PM?

John
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

I am surprised that a sprint license is ok for a test day – but if you are sure then ok – it just never occurred to me. But I warn you that test days, although split into open and closed wheel sessions, can include some very fast stuff – Radicals, Porsche GT racers, etc that are doing some serious testing without the rules that apply to track days
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Even Le Mans prototypes on occasion...
Phil Egginton

Post by Phil Egginton »

Chris Acklam wrote:Even Le Mans prototypes on occasion...
That reminds me of my first ever session on track back in 1984 with my old Healey Sprite. It was a silverstone test session and I was next to the brand spanking new Aston Martin Le Mans car on it's first test session. :shock:
Phil Egginton
"Think very carefully… because if you ever start, you will never be able to leave it alone" — Donald Campbell CBE
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

From Snetterton test day booking form. A RACE license is needed -

I have read and understood the above details regarding this General Testing session. I confirm that I hold a current and valid MSA or FIA competition race licence for car testing or valid ACU or FIM competition road race licence for bike testing or an equivalent if outside the UK.
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

Seems rather expensive for 1/2 days testing

For the same price you can book a full day at Snet/Oulton etc or even for £245 a full day at Silverstone International on 7th March
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Donington has always been expensive for testing, for some reason.
Kelvin Laidlaw
Morgan Class D

Post by Kelvin Laidlaw »

Test days are the pukka thing, but Alex and I recently did a Donington track day. This was his first venture onto a race circuit. Our humble little Focus batted round gamely for 165 miles without a hiccup. Alex treated me to a splendid spin in the Craner curves- great fun! Anyway the whole day with an open pit lane cost £130 for one driver and £30 for the extra driver. Driving standards one this occasion were very good. This was a cheap way of thoroughly enjoying Donington.

Kelvin
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Or, for the princely sum of £15 you can join DPRAC - they run a summer evening track event most years - free for members -http://www.dprac.co.uk/benefits/benefits.htm
Cheers, Tony