hydraulic jack

Technical queries or suggestions
peter rafter

hydraulic jack

Post by peter rafter »

i had a blow out on the way to the croft circuit and because of camber and car position i found the morgan scissor jack totally useless and almost impossible to use.
can any one reccommend a portable lightweigh jack for the 4/4 which although fitted with evry conceivable cosmetic extra ( joan rivers version) weighs next to nothing??
many thanks
peter
Rob Toon

Re: hydraulic jack

Post by Rob Toon »

I dont think there is an easy answer to this one. I just carry a normal scissor jack which does the job. Rob
Toony
john bevan

Post by john bevan »

alternatively I've just bought an aluminium racing jack which will fit under the Morgan even on low profile tyres. It cost me £70 and is about half the price of similar quality ones I've seen. However, it is not light or compact, although you could get itin the footwell. I can give you the dealers name if you want one.

John
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!
Phil Egginton
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Phil Egginton »

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ ... olley-jack" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

???
Phil Egginton
"Think very carefully… because if you ever start, you will never be able to leave it alone" — Donald Campbell CBE
peterturner

Post by peterturner »

Another alternative is to use a an inflatable airbag like the fireman use it comes in a small carry bag and is very light. I use one that Draper make. You have to stick the funnel up your exhaust pipe- it does work but is somewhat frightening to watch.

See you on Saturday

Pete Turner
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

in the end and after advice and recomendations from this site and mog -talk i bought a Clarke aluminium racing jack 1.25 tonne from machine mart
altho not especially lite (10kg) it is aimed at low slung cars
not something you would want to trog round with in the morgan at all times but fine for competition purposess
thanks for the help
peter
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

I have one, and it's effective and very good value (but the ali is v cold on the hands in this weather...)
Jim Mountain

Post by Jim Mountain »

Hi Peter,

On the scissor jack we use for trials we have it bolted the a piece of 12" X 12", 8mm thick alloy plate, makes it a lot more stable, and doesn't sink into soft ground anymore