Grande Passione Donington - 19th/20th April

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Grande Passione Donington - 19th/20th April

Post by John Clarke »

Good luck to John Emberson who is competing with his +4 at Donington this weekend with part of the Masters series. Let us know how you get on John?

Also in the entry is the Malcolm Paul / Rob Wells +4 which should give a good showing. Good luck chaps!
John Emberson
Morgan Class B

Re: Grande Passione Donington - 19th/20th April

Post by John Emberson »

Had a fantastic time with Bill Wykeham at Donington on Thursday, Friday & Saturday as he very kindly spent a lot of time teaching me how to drive the +4 so I didn't embarress him too much in the Gentleman Drivers race. Despite Bill driving the socks off the car we still came 29th with Malcolm Paul / Rob Wells in 27th, lapping about 1.5secs quicker than us. Poor Keith & Billy had the key stolen out of the SLR so couldn't start the race at all. Peter Horsman in his Lotus 17 was 6th.

Talk after the race was that the new Masters under 2 litre series had meant the over 2 litre race filled with more Cobra's and E Type's making the Morgan's less competitive overall. Therefore, the possibility of the Morgans being allowed in the under 2 litre race without an engine change was muted.

Not sure what race to do next with the +4 as Brian Gateson thinks I need a bit of a development plan as Bill and I have been accepted as 4th reserve in Plateau 4 for this years Le Mans Classic. So, it looks as though I could be joining the "A" Team on its way to La Sarthe.

Kind regards,
John Emberson
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi John,

Well done at Donington - I bet it was b....y cold!Again!

Why don't you do some of the HSCC meetings with us? There are also a couple of Equipe GTS races before Classic Le Mans ( you lucky devil !)

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cheers

Mark
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by John Clarke »

Good result John, sounds like you had a great race. 1.5 secs off Malcolm and Rob is not too shabby.

Shame about Keith - surprised that no one in the paddock couldnt hot wire the SLR - I have arrived at circuits with no keys at all and a certain someone had no problems getting the car started!!!

What's your plan for the next race?

regards

john