HSCC - Silverstone International 10/11th May

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

suzanne sears

Re: HSCC - Silverstone International 10/11th May

Post by suzanne sears »

enjoying a first - for me anyway! - drinking a £500 bottle of wine - now it has had a chance to settle after its trip home from silverstone - hope the throttle linkage is still attached Richard! Well done Bob Bull re photos - didnt realised I had all 4 wheels on the grass - the braking point really is the service road and not the marker board for abbey - need to practise rather than rely on qualifying - great shame HSCC snett and see red same weekend - I think they have both moved from last year.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Suzanne,
I am truly mortified (and puzzled) did I really publish a photo of a lady out of shape? Such ungentlemanly behaviour, my late Mum would not have approved atall!
Please accept my sincere apologies for the oversight.
Puzzled? I was not aware of any Suzanne Sears on the entry list or in the finishing order, do you race under alias? Do you don a false beard and pretend to be a man?
Is Jonathon Rushton a transvestite? Are you really Mark (I dropped an 'aitch) Shears?

Perhaps it was an excess of £500 wine and you are confused, or maybe I was not there atall and it was some other Bob Bull who did the dastardly deed.

Where am I? What did I do? what did I say?
Oh! Mother I am dying, and yet I am so dry. Connect me to the brewery tap and leave me there to die.

Love
Bob. :oops:
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Worry not, Bob.

Donning my deerstalker, I suspect that this is James' feminine side showing itself (well the colours are a bit of a give away...)

Suzanne was in her MGB, which according to your photos did not put a step wrong, but Noddy, James' Plus 8, is captured doing a little grass-cutting here. QED Watson.
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Bob,

Great photos!

Looks like I will be the sole representative of the Morgan marque in the Equipe GTS race at the VSCC SeeRed meeting. Tim Hill did have an entry but his car has had an accident and so won't be able to compete.

See you there!

Cheers

Mark
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Relief, I can come out from under the blankets, sanity is restored!!
Many thanks to Chris for his investigative skills, but ..... what sort of a cad would hide behind a woman? Traducing her good name.
The bounder should be horsewhipped, but he would probably enjoy that, some people max out on such things I hear. Perhaps the secret lies in my earlier work oh Theophilus?

Anyway my apologies to Suzanne, once again for exposing her to ridicule, and I certainly thought that MGB was particularly well driven.

Funnily enough some years ago at the end of season BTCC meeting at Silverstone Noddy actually did a few demonstration laps in his Noddy Car, perhaps that is where James got the colour scheme from!

Mark S,
I am glad you liked the pics and I will look you up at See Red, and maybe share a cup of rosie together.
Regards
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Bob Bull wrote:The bounder should be horsewhipped, but he would probably enjoy that, some people max out on such things I hear.
Maxing out has taken on a whole new meaning these days. So what is the inside news from the FIA...?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Chris,
I understand that he whole matter is being thrashed out as we speak, and El Presidente is whipping up support for his stance. It was believed he would take it on the chin, but apparently he has other preferences, and in any case it all happened behind his back, making him the butt of some fairly rude jokes. Life can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

That's only what I heard, don't quote me, as we would not want to flog it to death.

Anon.
Regards
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

I am looking forward to SeeRed cos I might get the chance to meet "Bob the Reporter" :shock:
Cheers, Tony
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Tony,
While I am flattered, if that will be the highlight of See Red for you, I think you might like to take a long hard look at your life.

I will look forward to meeting you in the flesh as we have already met virtually, and just hope it is not too big a disappointment.

Kind regards,

The Reporter.
Regards
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Hi Bob,
It is true that some of us get our kicks in odd ways but that's one reason why we like Morgans :P
I will probably be under the Viper most of the time.
See you there.
Cheers, Tony
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Under the Viper you must go, Ee, I Ee, I, Ee, I, O!
Regards