FISC EuroTour - Legendary Circuits Series (introduction)

For races and drivers in mainland Europe
pieterbakker

FISC EuroTour - Legendary Circuits Series (introduction)

Post by pieterbakker »

Having read through various posts, I am starting a new thread to introduce myself and to provide some information on the FISC EuroTour – Legendary Circuits Series.

In 1994, I started the FISC EuroTour race series, because I felt I could do a better job organising motorsport events than many of the existing clubs. At that time in my experience, the race weekends only added to the usual business stress, instead of providing an enjoyable and relaxed weekend of motorsport.

As I was in the possession of a Frogeye Sprite, I decided to start a one make Midget and Sprite championship. Over the years, we have enjoyed great success and introduced drivers to a variety of circuits across Europe and at high profile events such as the GP de l’Age d’Or at Montlhéry and Dijon-Prenois, the RMU Classic at Spa-Francorchamps and we have raced at Monza, Le Mans, Clermont Ferrand and the Nordschleife, as well as many others.

I have been approached numerous times about opening up the events to other cars and in 2007 we introduced the “Legendary Circuits Series”. This has changed the focus onto the historic GP circuits, instead of the cars. This approach takes a lot of “heat” off and enables everybody to perform at his own level. Some still take their competition very serious and others take the opportunity to enjoy their family and friends together with the racing, in beautiful parts of Europe.

We started the 2008 season at the RMU Classic at Spa recently, inviting the Dutch Historic Championship to share our grid and we all enjoyed an excellent weekend of racing. Following the success of this we are now inviting all historic road sports, GT’s and touring (saloon) cars under two litres, and bigger cars on condition that they complement the grid. We hope this will provide a competitive and enjoyable weekend for many more.

What we offer are four one-off meetings between May and October. Meetings are typically triple headers, with 30 minutes practice and three 30 minute races i.e. two hours of circuit time. Should this not be enough, you may take advantage of free practice opportunities on the Friday at most circuits. Each race weekend is a competition in its own right where the paddock applauds its different class winners.

Our next meeting will take us to the Nürburgring-Nordschleife, the old 16 mile circuit in the Eifel Mountains on 4/5 July, where we have a 60 minutes qualifying session followed by a 100km race. There is also a 2 hour free practice on Friday afternoon. In September we will return to our normal 3 race format at Zandvoort the Dutch GP circuit, followed by Dijon-Prenois in October at the Trophées Historiques de Bourgogne, a world class historic motorsport event.

We endeavour to make our weekends not just enjoyable but cost effective. The cost of a weekend this year is €875 to include team catering at the circuit. As an incentive to attract new drivers, we reduce this to €650 for the first weekend.

You may find it useful to browse our website at http://www.fisc-eurotour.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Please ask anything you might like to know and I will be happy to answer your question promptly.

With best regards,
Pieter Bakker.
Pieter BAKKER
'Legendary Circuits' Series - Motor Sport like it used to be!
Mark Shears

Re: FISC EuroTour - Legendary Circuits Series (introduction)

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Pieter,

And welcome to Brakehorsepower! Your series looks particularly interesting to us Morgan 4 cylinder racers. Just for our benefit, what is the cut off date for eligibility?

Also due to the length of some of the races, are they two driver races?

Cheers

Mark
pieterbakker

Re: FISC EuroTour - Legendary Circuits Series (introduction)

Post by pieterbakker »

Mark Shears wrote:1) What is the cut off date for eligibility?
2) Also due to the length of some of the races, are they two driver races?
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your kind reaction;

1) The official cut off date is 1971, but cars of a later date and which fit the ambiance of the grid would be welcome. This is the big advantage of a series based on circuits. To give you an example, I just accepted a 1998 Caterham 1600 for our race at the Nordschleife. Why? To understand, you must realize that in the French Trophée Lotus, the original Lotus Seven's SI and SII race together with Caterhams. Good fun and competitive to race and watch. Given that the car will be raced with the right attitude, enough reason for me to accept such car, after all the bottom line of our "Legendary Circuits Series" is not only about competition, but enjoyment is as much important.

2) The usual races are sprint type races of 30min's, so there really is no time for a drivers change. However we still accept two driver teams and under circumstances would register one car as, for example #51 for driver A and #151 for driver B. We suggest that driver B takes the first stint in qualifying and driver A (after removing the ducttaped "1") takes the second stint in qualifying. You then toss a coin who would race in race #1, #2 and/or #3. This route would give any driver enough time to play. Our race at the Nordschleife 4/5 July is a 100km race of 45-50min's. Due to the fact that someone was hit by a car in the pitlane last year, the clerk of the course decided not to allow any driverchanges this year.

Hopes this answers your question, however should it invite different questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Enjoy your racing.

Best regards,
Pieter.
Pieter BAKKER
'Legendary Circuits' Series - Motor Sport like it used to be!