There were no Morgans racing.
Ends
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: Report on the AMOC Silverstone Meeting

Post by Chris Acklam »

Another fascinating in-depth report Bob. With no Morgans, or their charismatic drivers, there to brighten your day, one feels that he zest has gone out of your motorsport reporting... Has your Editor noticed?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Chris,
I fail to comprehend how you can find fault with my excellent report from the Aston meeting, it is a model of how a professional journalist should write such a piece. Concise, factual, accurate and lacking any unnecessary verbiage and completely devoid of any personal opinion, since following my item on Lewis (It's not my fault) Hamilton, I realise that my views are unwelcome on this forum.
Unless I receive a full and unconditional apology by return I will have to seriously consider my position vis a vis my invaluable contributions on the subject of Aston Martin Owners Club Meetings to this site.
Then you'd be sorry.

On the other hand maybe I should swallow my injured pride and thank you for your informed and well judged critique of my work.

Whatever, it will be interesting to see how many poor souls log on to read the item.
Regards
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Absolutely no criticism Bob, we just feel your pain. To have to trudge through all those column inches (or the aural equivalent) of non-Morgan activities must now be SO dull. Having been burned by our white-hot track action and meeting such heroic Morgan drivers as Andrew Pooter (to whom 36 wet and windy nubile girls is just another dull weekend) then I can see that everything else is just bathos and anticlimax (and indeed tautology).
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

THIRTY SIX WET AND WINDY NUBILE GIRLS!!!!
I'm off to take a cold shower.
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

While we are on the subject of the ladies, I forgot to mention in my lengthy report that the AMOC had a number of scantily clad, long legged, pulchritudinous GRID GIRLS at their meeting!!!

How about it Mary, we have the BDC coming up shortly?

I'll bring my camera!!

BB
Regards
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Bob,

Do you realise that even this fascinating topic of yours has had more views than the Morgan Concours page had in an entire year...?!!!

...now there is a subject to get your teeth into. Although I don't want to presume. They are all your own, aren't they?!

Cheers

Mark
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

What's left are, Mark.
Regards
Andrew Potter

Post by Andrew Potter »

39 last year!
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Andrew Potter wrote:39 last year!
That's a lot of teeth. How many this year?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Chris,
Did you hear that his local football club have appointed Andrewp as their new coach?

They are going to take all his teeth out and put in 54 seats! BOOM< BOOM!!
Regards
Andrew Potter

Post by Andrew Potter »

What do you mean Andrewp- I thought your reputation was none too small, Bob?
Did you mention Preston North End? Tom Finney perhaps.....in the 1950s, when soccer players earned a maximum of £20 a week, Tom Finney was a plumber at the same time as being the local Ronaldo of his day with Stan Matthews et al.. My father told my brother and me to be home at a certain hour to meet the plumber only to find Tom Finney walking in through the door with a wrench (not wench) under his arm. Wouldn't get that now, would you? Last time I went through Preston Tom Finney Plumbing was still in operation.
Andrew P
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Andrew,
You know which one I mean.
Your previous message was complete gobbledegook I'm afraid, you see I only report on motorsport and leave the games involving the use of a ball to lesser men.
I must confess that I do not even know which end of the football you hit with a stick.
Anyway Finney? Are we back to fish again? Has Preston got more than one end? Suprising indeed, in any case I thought all plumbers were either Polish or worked at Le Mans sealing fuel tanks.In order to elicit any sensible response to your missives it might be best to avoid mention of foreign parts and strange northern practices, because, as an effete southerner, I fail to comprehend the impression you are endeavouring to convey.

Do you find that these little exchanges are much more interesting than a report on the doings of Aston Martin owners?

Note to other viewers; Slowly but surely we are beginning to build a picture of the 'Life Of Andrew Potter', his roots in northern climes, poignant stories about his childhood, a glimpse of his father and, of course, his current prediliction for the wild open spaces and nubiles.
I have been on the the BBC drama department and they are keen to produce a high quality series based on my new book on the subject. I'll keep you all informed.
Regards
Andrew Potter

Post by Andrew Potter »

Could do with Tom Finney myself, after your missive. Finished Silverstone with a distinct whiff of Shell and traces of V-power swilling around the woodwork. Fuel tank had split, and have mended it with a good dose of Araldite and some aluminium angle- hope it works at Cadwell. If you're at Silverstone for the BDC, Bob, and the commentary goes as it did last year you may find a nickname to conjure a few thoughts!
Andrewp
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

“There were no Morgans racing.
Ends”

If anyone was lucky (?) enough to hear McEnroe on 6 love 6 the Radio 5 phone in last night – it was a bit like that. Someone would phone in with a question and he’d say – ‘we don’t want to talk about that’ and go on to next caller. And the fact he had to say where each caller was from, but had no idea on common UK place names, made me think the whole thing was an Alan Partridge comedy show.

Bob – if you want the real exciting Potter life get on to the rabbits – I’ll leave him to explain if he wants to

And – as for concours – I forewent (is that the past of to forego) S’stone for Mog 2008 and entered tthe concours - even washed the car, and got a 5th in class.

(Unfortunately only 5 in class – so not dissimilar to my usual race results)