A Silly Section

Races, track days, testing ...
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Re: A Silly Section

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Dear Bob, it seems that you have got yourself into an emotional and psychological turmoil over someone that you have never met. My advice is to go and have a cold shower.

If that doesn't work try thinking about something else: interview some really famous people. I am sure that the well known racing driver Jack Bellinger would be pleased to spare you some of his valuable time.

If you are still obsessed then perhaps you should seek professional help.

Aunt Lindy

PS My favourite chocolates are Black Magic and I like flowers. Also if you could arrange it for me to beat Jack Bellinger in every race then you and I might become very good friends.
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Jack, thanks for all your ideas but I think I'll just try eating more oranges.
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Bob im not the best man to advise on women
My first wife left me ..
my second wont !!

Mary dont ever change

love jack
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

OK Jack,
As I have been unable to get rid of number 1 after 47 years, and you are on your second, I guess between us we just lack the necessary expertise.
I will have to get over this hopeless infatuation, but at least the admission that the Essex Gal likes Black magic AND flowers shows there is a feminine side after all.

Scratch the tobaccy!

Nice to have made your virtual acquaintance,

Bob
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Nice to have made your virtual acquaintance,
Likewise Bob, I look forward to cementing the friendship when we meet in person!
Will you be at Bentley Drivers Club Silverstone?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Hello Mary,
It has been nice flirting with you over the ether. Yes, I should be at BDC as it is one of 'must-not-miss' meetings of the year. In fact it was this meeting two years ago where my involvement with the Morgan Brigade first started, and you can thank (or blame) John Clarke for that. I see that I have caught you in action last year in red Morgan No. 7 as shown on the web site.
I to look forward to meeting on a more personal level. I could manage chocolates and flowers, but helping you beating Jack might be beyond me, however, try reaching deep inside your your sub conscious ............!

Will you be at the Classic atall?

Affectionately yours,
Bob
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Hi Bob, no I won't be at the Classic I'm afraid so will have to wait until BDC to meet up.
I could manage chocolates and flowers, but helping you beating Jack might be beyond me, however, try reaching deep inside your your sub conscious ............!
Don't worry about the chocolates and flowers, just come up with a way I can beat Jack!
Maybe I should eat more oranges............
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Dear oh dear. I go to Brands Hatch for the day and come back to find a John and Yoko love-in. Where's Jack when you need him?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

What were you doing down at Brands, Chris?

John and Yoko?

Mary I think we need to discuss our revenge for that remark.
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Dear oh dear. I go to Brands Hatch for the day and come back to find a John and Yoko love-in.
Did they like oranges too?

Chris I advise you to get in touch with your feminine side, it seems to be the latest thing (more up to date than John and Yoko).
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Bob Bull wrote:What were you doing down at Brands, Chris?
Went to watch seven Plus 4s at the HSCC meeting, but saw only two (John Clarke & Mark Shears) and a Plus 8 (Bruce Stapleton, whose engine failed on the last corner allowing a Lotus 7 to take the win). Also saw Leigh Sebba there in his Plus 4 Plus, who graciously invited me to share his neighbour's smart box, Doug Taylerson and David Phillips.

Should be there to see Richard Plant and Philip McKelvey in their Plus 8s in the 70s Roadsports race tomorow.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Miss Lindy,
I had rather hoped that, following the unwarranted intrusion into our personal affair, and the dubious interpretation placed upon it by certain 'people' we would have been able to continue on a more intimate fashion at the BDC. However, I have had an idea that may be of interest. It concerns your desire to beat (on track, to avoid unwelcome comment) Mr. Wonderful (names changed to protect the guilty). The idea came to me from your choice of chocolates, what you do is buy an Action Man figure and dress it up in a racing suit, paint the crash helmet an appropriate colour and then buy a packet of pins...........!

"That old Black Magic has me in it's spell, that old Black Magic that you weave so well."

The only problem is that if Mr W. reads this he may go and buy a Cindy Doll, but then he would look silly, wouldn't he?

Uncle Bob.
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Uncle Bob,

I guess he only wants to be involved, let us pay no attention.

Your idea re Mr. W has some merit but I feel that it is a bit extreme and I might be accused of using unsportsman(woman)like tactics. I think I will have to resort to the usual tactics of simply getting in the way.

The thought of Mr. W with a Cindy doll is however, very appealing and might indicate the he was getting in touch with his feminine side.....

Miss Lindy
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Essex Gal,
Your reply just goes to prove what a stalwart character you are, the refusal to employ voodoo in order to trounce your rival is a testament to your fine qualities and innate decency. I now feel a like a complete blackguard for even suggesting it, how about cheating or nobbling?

BTR
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

how about cheating or nobbling?
Dear Scoop,
These suggestions have a certain appeal but getting in the way is more satisfying because you can see the look of irritation on your opponent's face. It also works on other drivers, as I am sure they will all be clamouring to tell you.
TWB