Richard Shepherd-Barron +4 Racing DVD

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

Andy Downes
Anti spam question: MSA

Richard Shepherd-Barron +4 Racing DVD

Post by Andy Downes »

I though this worthy of a mention here;

Richard and Penny Shepherd-Barron have produced a DVD from their personal 8mm cine films documenting two years of the halcyon days racing with Chris Lawrence’s Super Sports +4s.

The period is 1961 – 1962 and includes Le Mans – Nurburgring – Spa – Aintree – Silverstone – Brands Hatch.

It is in the words of Machiel Kalf “just fantastic Andy !”

One not to be missed I think.

Full details at http://www.Morgancars-dvd.com

Have Fun

Andy 8-)
'Skipper'
Mark Shears

Re: Richard Shepherd-Barron +4 Racing DVD

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Andy,

Good to see you at the TT on Saturday. And especially Richard Shepherd-Baron. I bought one of his DVD's and have now had an opportunity to view it. There is some fascinating footage - how different it all was in those days! I can highly recommend it to any Plus 4 racing fans.

Cheers

Mark
machiel kalf

Re: Richard Shepherd-Barron +4 Racing DVD

Post by machiel kalf »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The DVD mentioned by Andy Downes is the best you can get to have the right impression of that period of (Morgan)motorsport.
The way people enjoyed it is what you see. There are real differences with the modern world: "Everybody" smokes in that time! Have a good look at the tracks! What do you mean with safety?

At the end of the DVD you see Le Mans 1961 and 1962. See the frustration on Richard face when he realised that they where send home. But the last part with Le Mans 1962; see how fast TOK droves! Have a good look at the clock! Almost 16.00 hour on sunday.
2 laps to go, 1 lap to go and the finish. The people alround the car(s) Wauw what a time was that.
The real hero's Chris and Richard! This is a document that must fit on every +4 drivers bookshelf!! White a photo beside it!!

Machiel Kalf.