Goodwood 2008

Races, track days, testing ...
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Goodwood 2008

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Are any Morgans entered (or is the correct word 'invited') or any Morgan folks in other cars. Or at S'stone 24 hours on same weekend ?
Bob Bull

Re: Goodwood 2008

Post by Bob Bull »

Hi! Leigh,
I do not know about Morgans, but I will be there with my camera and microphone, I meet up a with a few friends from American and Ireland as well as some English folk, we usually 'do' dinner on Friday and meet up at a house on Saturday for chat and fish and chips. Should you be at a loose end you would be very welcome to join us.
Will you be amongst the 'chosen ones'?

Be nice to say hello.

Bob B.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Bob – does ‘being there’ mean you ‘ll be at Goodwood, or at S’stone (which is where I would expect you to be).

No I am not racing at either but will spectate at Goodwood – probably mainly on Sunday
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Leigh,
Sorry for the confusion, I shall be at Goodwood not Silverstone. I am sad to miss the 24 Hour as I have seen the previous three versions and believe it should be supported, however, a return to my youth wins every time. I first went there in 1952!!!
I will leave Luton at the crack of dawn on Friday and return Monday morning so I should be around any time you are about over the weekend.

Regards,

Bob
Regards
Tim Hill

Post by Tim Hill »

Several of us Speed Freeks will be at the Revival - a perk of Marshaling the FoS earlier in the year !

Confirmed attendees:
Tim and Jane - before setting off Down under
Simon Baines and Chris
Several other Tormoggers (Dick Robinson, Peter Farley and Jim Robertson)
Mark Shears

any others?

Maybe we could all meet up sometime over the weekend and share Bobs Fish and Chips !
Cheers

Tim

PS - Bob, will you be dressing in period - and if so, will we be able to tell ? :-)
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Hi Tim,
Nice to hear that there will be a number of 'transmogrified' types attending the Revival, does the marshalling aspect mean you will be officiating?

In period of I would have worn a Raxar* jacket and jeans or plus two cycling trousers as I used to cycle down from North London for many meetings, once did the 80 some miles in four hours with a 'tail gale', but it was hell getting home. 'In period' if it rained I would don a yellow cycle cape, but these days I dress in a more
conventional style - grey flannel trousers and sports jacket, with ratter cap, although this year I may sport a straw Panama, depending on the weather.

Of course to enter the paddock you MUST wear a tie, so I have trawled the charity shops for a suitable selection. My social calendar is pretty full, but if you do organise a get together I may grace you with my presence, as long as Mark does the sausages - of course.

Look forward to it!

Bob

* Raxar jacket: de rigeur wear for the serious racing cyclist of the '50's Belgium fleece in red with rainbow bands at the wrist, very fetching.
Regards
Tim Hill

Post by Tim Hill »

Hi Bob,

No, we shall not be officiating at the Revival. Free tickets to this glorious event are a perk of Marshaling at the FoS. I have tried to stir up other Moggers to come and join us helping out at the FoS, but it always seems to clash with more interesting things....

Le Mans Classic
Loton Park
MIRA
Grannys birthday

Maybe they will take notice for next year !

Cycle safely

Tim
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

80 miles in 4 hours - that's impressive !!
John Emberson
Morgan Class B

Post by John Emberson »

Praise indeed from "Triathlon King"...........
John Emberson
Chris Bailey

Post by Chris Bailey »

Tim

I'll be there trying to keep a couple of Maseratis clean from fingerprints on Friday and Saturday. Sunday I'll be rather busier with a display outside the house and "taxis" between the two sites.

Hope to catch up with you at some point.

Chris