HSCC - Brands Hatch (Indy) 13th Sept

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

HSCC - Brands Hatch (Indy) 13th Sept

Post by John Clarke »

Anyone going to enter? Sadly, I have family commitments that day so I have to give it a miss.
Jonathon Rushton

Re: HSCC - Brands Hatch (Indy) 13th Sept

Post by Jonathon Rushton »

Gentlemen,

by my calculations we only have three races left in the season (Brands, Donnington and Silverstone). I have all my fingers and toes crossed that I'll be at all three.

However, I have been informed that I have godfatherly duties to perform during the Saturday of the the Donnington meeting which is a real pain in the a** [-X . The only slightly positive aspect is that the provisional time-table has us out first on the Saturday so I might be able to do both! Yes, I know I'm sailing close to the wind with my past reliability record.

In respect of the Brands Hatch weekend I would hope to get an entry but I was a little slow in getting the entry form back to the club office (ie after the closing date). I've never raced on the indy circuit before but would hope for a decent result as the +4s have always shown well around the GP circuit. As for Paddock Hill Bend, it's the closest you'll ever get to free-falling whilst strapped into your car!

ta ta for now

Jonathon
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Guys,

Like John I can't make Brands for the same reason - but I have already returned my entry to Donington and am definitely up for the Finals race meeting at Silverstone.

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Hoble

Post by Mark Hoble »

I shall be at Brands (complete with fuel in the car this time) and Silverstone but not Donington (too close to Spa and very unsocial timing for HRS).

On a separate matter I am about to throw my toys out of the pram about an unregistered "TR5" in HRS. Probably won't change a thing but there may be a vacancy as Class B rep soon !

Mark
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

I will also be at Brands (with a new throttle cable) I am also planning to be at Donington and Silverstone catch up then. :OO:

Richard
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by John Clarke »

Congratulations Richard on finishing a race!!! After all your bad luck you must be over the moon. Looking at the results Richard was on pole for the race but was beaten to the 70s roadsports win by less than a smidge (0.1 secs). Phil Mckelvey was also out to finish 4th.

The 60's roadsports saw Jonathon out qualify Mark H by less than a Higgs Boson (0.06 secs) but then Mark seems to have disappeared from the results time sheets. What happened Mark? :^o Congratultations to James Patterson who won and who also posted the quickest time of all the Mogs in either race.
Jonathon Rushton

Post by Jonathon Rushton »

It was a rather peculiar day all in all.

Practice was a hit and miss affair as the +4 was plagued with a random misfire. The obligatory laps completed it was back to the pits only to discover a modest leak of oil from the oil pressure pipe where it meets with the oil filter housing. Thankfully the oil pressure pipe was a simple fix and the usual remedial action of new plugs and points cleared up the misfire.

Unfortunately MH had his own misfortune as during practice he sheared the nose wheel off his dynamo. Discretion being the better part of valour MH retired to fight another day.

Having qualified in a rather disappointing 21st the chequered flag fell after 20 laps which saw my lot improve to 13th overall (4th in class) but only by virtue of a large number of retirements during the race itself. As far as progress through the field is concerned, that was limited to getting the jump off the grid on the Turner belonging to David Rees and later taking the narrow route through Paddock Hill Bend to get past John Fitzgerald in his Turner. John F and I cemented our friendship over a few choice words in the paddock after the race, but it's all too dull to regurgitate here.

All in all a pretty uneventful weekend that felt like you were racing on the M25 at rush hour.

I'm unable to make the Donington fixture but hope to be at the Silverstone Finals.
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

Jonathon,

Your sideways attack on paddock hill bend was a joy to watch and lap after lap if I did that I would fall off at some point well done it was a joy to watch. =D>

It was a pretty good weekend for Morgan’s all in all.

See you at Silverstone

Richard.