Zandvoort race for all Morgans

For races and drivers in mainland Europe
pieterbakker

Zandvoort race for all Morgans

Post by pieterbakker »

Thank you Chris Acklam for adding the “Historic & Overseas races” to the bulletin board and inviting me to summarize and clarify our Zandvoort offer.

I’ll keep it simple, the Zandvoort event (12-14 Sept.) is open to all Morgan classes (A-D). For this occasion we’ll respect the Morgan regulations, meaning that you can come and race as you are.

Like Brands Hatch and Zolder we have to deal with noise restrictions at the Zandvoort circuit. Important for you to know is that when entering the straight, you’ll find a sound monitoring pole on the inside of the track. In order to “circumvent” this system and to record as little as possible noise, I always put a 90 degree tail tip on my exhaust system, pointing to the outside of the track. For your benefit, I suggest you do the same.

Dutch safety regulations dictate that drivers racing in open cars must use two arm restraints. These can be bought at the circuit at cost price.

We appreciate motor racing to be a non contact sport and therefore all cars are checked on “bruises” upon arrival and after each race. It is a simple system in order to know exactly what is going on in the race and to be able to address people with a “different” racing attitude.

This event is offered to you incl. hospitality and catering for the driver, which means that you are invited to join us for breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet. And that you can take as many refreshments during the day and evening as you wish. I have promised Kate (Orebi Gann) that I would have a look at our calculation once 10 or more Morgans would have registered, but I have a better proposition to make and will add an extra catering to each registration instead, once we arrive at ten registered Morgans. Extra tickets for your team can be bought at EUR60/person for the weekend.

For detailed information about this event, have a look at http://www.fisc-eurotour.org/Zandvoort-GP-Circuit.html

Should you have any queries, don’t hesitate to contact me.

With best regards
FISC EuroTour
Pieter BAKKER
Pieter BAKKER
'Legendary Circuits' Series - Motor Sport like it used to be!
Mark Gilbart-Smith

Re: Zandvoort race for all Morgans

Post by Mark Gilbart-Smith »

Does anyone have an up to date Dunlop Circuit Guide for Zandvoort which they could scan / copy for me?
Thanks.
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

How was the Zandvoort weekend?
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Thank you Pieter.Great w/e. Friendly Dutch spridgets (so a 3.9 litre Mog had a slight advantage, or more correctly a BIG advantage). Free food and FREE BEER. And Mogs on podium.
For full details see Race Series Forum

Leigh

:) :) :) :) :)
pieterbakker

Post by pieterbakker »

Thank you Leigh, David, Roger and Mark for spending your weekend with us. It was great fun, friendly racing yet still very competitive.

The Newsletter can be found at http://www.fisc-eurotour.org/Newsflash/ ... lland.html

A full race report will be published somewhere 24 Sept.

Leigh, looking forward to your possible participation at Dijon.
Pieter BAKKER
Robin Holland

Post by Robin Holland »

Dear Morgan racers,

See for pictures of the Zandvoort races at RacePhoto.
There are a couple of Morgans from the UK in the FISC races and another Morgan (+4 SS specs) with a Dutch driver in the NKHTGT.

Regards,
Robin
Mark Gilbart-Smith

Post by Mark Gilbart-Smith »

Pieter

Thanks for iniviting us to Zandvoort. In the four days that we were there I covered just under 900 miles, which included 3x30min free practice, 1x30min qualify and 3x30 min races - with no major problems!

Thoroughly enjoyable weekend - however the interpid campers (David, Roger and I) must learn that pitching our tents next door to the diesel generator and under the floodlights is not conducive to a good nights sleep!
pieterbakker

Post by pieterbakker »

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your kind reaction. Yes, camping is not something you just do, I am afraid you'll have to learn first.

Awesome that you came by car, just as in the old days, you had - perhaps without noticing - a lot of admirers for that.

Hi Robin,

Thanks for bringing "Racephoto" to my attention. I have already linked to that, as to the results and lapcharts from our race report page. Although I already wrote the press release (short version), I still have to write a full race report, which won't be easy while the Mrs and my youngest will be celebrating their birthdays this weekend.

Should anybody discover more interesting links, please bring them to my attention so I can link from our Zandvoort race report page.

Best regards to all Morgan Friends,
Pieter BAKKER
pieterbakker

Post by pieterbakker »

A race report page is in the making now also including race pic's of the Sunday (NEW) and a YouTube video (NEW), as well as the overall results, results per class, lapcharts and the pic's of the Saturday.

Have a quick look at http://www.fisc-eurotour.org/GP-Classic ... eport.html