Where are they now?

Races, track days, testing ...
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Where are they now?

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Bob Bull handed me some old photographs at the Birkett on Saturday and said "Chris Acklam says you might know who these people are."
I can't positively identify any of them and wonder if anyone out there might know.
The registration number of the last car is ABW325M
Kelvin Laidlaw
Morgan Class D

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Kelvin Laidlaw »

Mary

Is the second photo Barry Taylor? Great driver, great guy; just a bit too fast for the BOTG club. It may not be, as I seem to remember his 4/4 had alloy wheels. As for the white +8 racing bravely on 14" wheels, why not phone P & D Plant Hire on 01 573 5948 and after booking a JCB for the day ask if they also have an old Morgan racer you could hire?

Kelvin
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Kelvin, these are the sort of suggestions I would expect from you................ :roll:

I think maybe Rob Wells would know about the white one as it was prepared by Libra Motive (maybe it was Malcolm Paul - he is something to do with JCBs isn't he?)
Barry Sumner

Post by Barry Sumner »

I think the first one is Malcolm Paul

As to the second - Rick Bourne in XOV – for if you look close I think the stickers on back side of bonnet are classic marathon ones

last one no idea?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

When I gave Mary the pictures she failed to recognise me at first and described as a 'nice gentleman', but she soon realised her mistake.
With regard to the pictures, the black car was snapped at an HSCC Meeting at Silverstone in 2003, so is not too old.
The other two are just from a mass of old pictures taken in my formative years as a reporter, should they not be recognised I could contact the friend I sold all my old programmes to and ask him to search the '80's. The white car carries a Tricentrol logo, which gives a clue as to the actual race and approximate year. I had my first Silverstone Press Pass in 1983, so they are definitely post that date and both were taken at the entry to Stowe on the old outer circuit, which means that they must have been major events. The red car might be competing at the 'Coy's'!!!

Bob
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

My thoughts on the photos are as follows,

The first photo is of Malcolm Paul in the CAV Sponsored Prod Sports round, the second photo is of Rick Bourne in XOV, and the third photo is my HSCC car
prior to its registration number change to LEO 42.

Richard.
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Rick Bourne tells me that the second photo is of Adrian van der Kroft in XOV.

Rob Wells agrees that the first is of Malcolm Paul and is finding out the date when the photo was taken.

So there we are, the mysteries solved and all in one day.
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Second photo is XOV with Adrian

love jack
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Some right know-all's it seems, well I have another picture, probably from the same meeting, which shows a bunch of sports cars, open and tin top rounding Stowe Corner it has been taken from the entry to the corner. Right around the corner is what I am sure is a white Morgan, sans top, and too distant to pick out detail, any guess's as to whom might have driven such a car early 80's?

Mary shall i send it to you or Chris for further elucidation and forensic examination?

Bob
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

You can send it to me if you like Bob or give it to Chris who can forward it on to me. I prefer not to publish my contact details on the public part of the forum so give Chris a call and he can give you my address.
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

I know that the driver is the late Arthur Neal in his four seater series one "Millie". It's the bunch sitting on the railing that are worrying me!
Goodwood Sprint 1982?
Cheers, Tony
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

It's the bunch sitting on the railing that are worrying me!
I can't see anyone sitting on the railing Tony, is the whole picture displaying ?
I have just answered my own question by downloading it onto the desktop - still can't recognise anyone though..........
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

L-R:
Barry Sumner?
John? (Barry's friend).
Roger Comber?
Maybe?
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Bob – white open mog early 80s could be Norman Stechman who still has the +8 and I have contact details if you e mail me
Rob Toon

Post by Rob Toon »

I think the second one in from the left could be Terry Foxen of GEE Ltd ?? :?:
Toony