Holly Birkett Relay Race.

Races, track days, testing ...
Bob Bull

Re: Holly Birkett Relay Race.

Post by Bob Bull »

Phillip Tis,
Please excuse this juvenile humour. (above)

I wonder - was Mark aware of your condition when he enstrusted you with the repair of his car at the HSCC? Maybe that is why he kept turning left when he should have gone right, on the other hand perhaps he always drives like that.

Doesn't explain the burnt sausages though!!

Kind regards,

Bob
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

Wots all this got to do with the Birkett
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Dear All,
I realise, after scanning anew, the various post on this subject that there is one aspect of the 750 Motor Club's Holland Birkett 6 Hour Relay Race that has received little attention. That is the role of one, Andy Green, in the events of the day, I appreciate that to many of our readers, Mr Green is hardly a household name, but his contribution to the event was massive.
Andy, as we shall refer to him, drove a Morgan and was a member of a team representing themselves as 'Morgan Gentlemen' and to the best of my knowledge, did nothing to dispel the notion that they were well named.
Andy drove his bright red steed with great aplomb, lapping tremendously fast and with great consistency and was probably the the main reason that his team finished in 13th place on handicap and 19th on scratch, beating two other teams of similar cars. His performance was so impressive that he attracted much attention from the trackside photographers, well known for their expert eye and general understanding of the sport, which also lead to him finishing well up in the BBC Three Counties sponsored, photographic raceometer challenge.
While many a man (or even lady) may have been overcome with their own importance following such glory, it must be recorded that Andy kept his feet on the ground, his head out of the clouds and remained the very model of a true 'Morgan Gentleman'.

I say three rousing cheers to this hero of the track, and suggest that should you stumble across him in a pub, bar or tavern pick him and buy him a drink.

Bob the Editor, back on track, and on-message.
Regards
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Bob,
Not only that but he's going for the land speed record again soon!
Cheers, Tony
:mrgreen:
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Not only that but he's going for the land speed record again soon!

Not many people know that.
Regards
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

I thought'd know as you're the leading BBC man :)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7685049.stm
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

[quote="TonyLees"]I thought'd you'd know as you're the leading BBC man :)

Tony,
You must be confusing me with Jonathon Woss!

Bob

Be careful or we will be getting another reprimand from And,,,,, you know who.
Regards
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

Bob

At last some good honest reporting holding up the highest standards of the BBC

Keep up the good work

But please no requests for interviews as Philip G is gutted that his 15 minutes of carefully composed answers was lost to the BBC when you forgot to press the big red button
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Andy,
I have just arrived home from a very bleak, very cold and slightly damp Silverstone, where a large number of Formula Fords were disporting themselves on the Club Circuit. To find your heartening message awaiting me was just what I needed to restore my flagging spirits. THANK YOU SO MUCH, sadly I get little recognition of all of the fine work I do for the BBC, Morgan folk, motorsport in general and the public at large, so you can imagine your kind words warmed th heart of my cockles, and restored my faith in human nature.

I am gutted that I am unable to seek an interview with you, but I can console myself with the words I recorded with the safety car driver this afternoon. Some chap called Barry Williams. Have you ever heard of him?
Bob the Editor.

PS. I am also aware that but for your timely intervention, I would not have known when or where the Birkett would be held and, indeed whether I had to be there.

BB
Regards