Honda For Sale

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Honda For Sale

Post by Bob Bull »

No this item should not be in the sale and wanted section, it is of great concern to members of this forum.

In the rarefied atmosphere of Mog Sport the problems of Formula 1 and the withdrawal of Honda from the sport probably attract little interest, however, to some of us (well me) it is of grave concern!
Two less cars on the grid means one less motorhome in the paddock and one less choice of hospitality for the hardworking journo. (me again).

I wonder if I will be able to carry on with the onerous task of reporting on Grand Prix racing without proper sustenance?

The threat by Max to cut budgets almost certainly means less free scoff for the Media.

What am I going to write about next July?

Woe is me.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Re: Honda For Sale

Post by Leigh Sebba »

So – you’re only concerned about Morgan racers who have Motorhomes are you ? Although I must admit the Goddards, etc do provide a useful refuge from the Snetterton blizzard.

If F1 really want to cut costs they should give extra points for those who drive their race cars to the circuit
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Leigh,
I did not expect much, (make that - any) sympathy for my plight, but when it comes to Morgan drivers and hospitality, well it is a bit thin on the ground.

Apart from Richard Plant (delicious home made cake and tea), the annual buffet from Techniques (once you have shooed away the flies) and a barbecue at the MGCC Meeting (burnt sausages a speciality) that's it.
When you consider the massive publicity drive I have instituted on behalf of Morgan types, spreading news of their deeds all over the Three Counties, it is pretty poor reward!

I just hope that you realise that I am not in it for the scoff, it is dedication to the cause that keeps me going week in, week out!

Tea's up so must dash.

Bob
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Apart from Richard Plant (delicious home made cake and tea), the annual buffet from Techniques (once you have shooed away the flies) and a barbecue at the MGCC Meeting (burnt sausages a speciality) that's it.
I think Bob you are forgetting the amazing spread of food and drink provided by Kate and Liz at the Six Hour Relay in the Morgans for Fun pit and there was not a motorhome in sight. :shock:
When you consider the massive publicity drive I have instituted on behalf of Morgan types, spreading news of their deeds all over the Three Counties, it is pretty poor reward!
I am not sure which are the Three Counties but I do not think I live in one of them.
As you have not passed on your news to BBC Essex nor to other local BBC radio stations the majority of we Morgan types have not benefitted (I hope that is the right word?) from your journalistic efforts. [-X
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

There you go again - Mary! shaming me in public :oops: How could I have forgotten the Birkett Beanfeast? Apologies all round it was splendid.

Which Three Counties? Well Herts., Beds., and Bucks. of course! Where else is there?

Sadly I think that 3CR is the only BBC Local Station to carry weekly motorsport news, Northampton do a bit, but mainly only when invited to a Press Day or such.
Cambridge have carried stuff in the past but do not have a dedicated motor racing reporter.

Should anyone be interested in getting coverage on their local station it is worth contacting the Sports Editor and asking if they would like news of local interest. Very often they will take what's offered when they would not go out and find it themselves.

Should you fancy yourself as the new Murray Walker (I see they are trying to make assisted suicide legal, so there may be an alternative) give it a try. I am always available for guidance.

By the way it helps if you can double as a gourmet!

BB
Regards