Mogpom

Races, track days, testing ...
Bob Bull

Mogpom

Post by Bob Bull »

A few Morgan pictures from the 'Pom' are on the usual web site, both those on-track and merely parked up.
A report will be added here shortly.

For more photos, including Tony L's Mighty Viper see the general motor sport site.

Failed to see any of the anticipated attendees, were they avoiding me or did I fail to look in the bar?
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Bob Bull

Re: Mogpom

Post by Bob Bull »

Well the results are to hand and one has to go a long way down the list before finding mention of Morgan drivers, Patrick Blakney-Edwards took the Pom in a 1928 Frazer-Nash Super Sports, while Dudley Sterry won the Densham in his HRS Sports of 1937/39. An MGB finished third with another in 7th. spot, in between were a type 35b Bugatti, a Ford Cortina and a Chrysler Sunbeam. Simon Diffey driving a 1988 Vauxhall Astra (his ex- first company car) ended up in 8th. spot.
Mark G-S lead the Moggies home in 32nd place with Paul Conway 38th and Chris Phillips 51st. Emma Jane G-S was 52nd in her MGB. Obviously Morgans are far from ideal cars to go long distance touring in, so maybe I will look out for a nice Cortina for my cruise around Europe.

Sometime Morgan driver Tony Lees had a troubled time with the Viper and finished ............!

It was a pretty nice day and as always the event was a lot of fun, however, before hanging one's head in shame and flogging the old 4+4 on E-Bay, it should be pointed out that Eddie McGuire made a complete bog of the wiggle woggle in his Gordini but still got a 1st Class award! Maybe it is not all down to how you drive, but who you know?

The crisp exhaust of the Gordini lapping in the Speed Trial was a delight while the howl of the V12 Ferrari was magic. The big Morgans sounded pretty fierce to.

The Intrepid Bob.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

It was good to see you there Bob and all my other mates.
Viper was misbehaving as usual - dumped the entire contents of sump on the drive just as I set off for Silverstone followed by a fuel blockage in the collecting area.
Got there in the end tho'.
Interesting to see that the two fast cars in session three (Audi R8 and Porsche GT3) even when driven very hard were still somewhat slower than a class B Morgan....
Here's to next year (in the Morgan methinks...)
Cheers, Tony
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

TonyLees wrote:Viper was misbehaving as usual - dumped the entire contents of sump on the drive just as I set off for Silverstone followed by a fuel blockage in the collecting area.
And you are planning on taking it to Angoulême? #-o
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Chris Acklam wrote:And you are planning on taking it to Angoulême? #-o
It has improved a lot since I bought it a year ago :shock: