HSCC/GTS/Challenge Donington 4-5th April '09

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: HSCC/GTS/Challenge Donington 4-5th April '09

Post by Chris Acklam »

The yellow flag section was a bit of a lottery. You could be unaffected for a lap or two but then there would be a bit of a queue. Spectators liked it apparently as it had the effect of multiple safety cars....

The improvements to the site that I noticed were: old entrance blocked off and a rough cinder track from the main entrance to the paddock laid; big unfinished hole under the track; some buildings skirting the paddock have been knocked down. Otherwise all much the same.

Anything's possible given access to large amounts of money...
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Mark,

Good to see you on Saturday and I really enjoyed watching your race.Your car looks lovely - really period in that 'old' dark green so I am especially pleased to hear there is no major damage to the engine.

Bob - as for Donington. Well it didn't look too different to me as a mere spectator and if I was a betting man I would take your money that it will never be ready in a million years!!! But as Chris says if you throw enough money at it...

Happy Easter to all.

Mark
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

I read in Autosport today that Mr Plant came second to that 928 again - well done!
Also read that they extended the yellow flag area all the way back to the schwanz curve -crazy!
Cheers, Tony